Nathan Fetsch

Suggestion: Visual indicator of weapon/tool condition

Question

I think having a visual on our HUD might make things slightly user friendly. My idea is behind the icon of tools (axe, picks, shovels etc) maybe have a transparent color indicating the condition of the tool behind the icon? Green for pristine, yellow for work, and maybe red when there's about 10 hits left? Just an idea!

• Upvote 1

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

I really like this idea, also had suggested something similar but suggested a bar of sorts under the item to indicate the weapon health...

Either way a nice indicator would be welcomed and make it easier to know the status of our item. 

I also agree with this idea. We need some way of showing weapon/tool/armour durability.

This could be done with a bar or colours as has already been stated, or it could be done with a number counter similarly to how charge is represented on the mining drill.

Just to make sure, you guys are aware that if you hover over the item in the inventory you can see its durability status, right? You mean an extra visual indicator?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ane said:

Just to make sure, you guys are aware that if you hover over the item in the inventory you can see its durability status, right? You mean an extra visual indicator?

Yeah we mean something that we can see while it is in the hot-bar or inventory at a glance :) Its more a quality of life update request but it would be nice.

• Upvote 1

Yeah besides the pristine, broken while hovering over the item, perhaps while my shovel, etc is in my hot bar there can be a visual bar under the items in the hotbar that shows the amount of durability left.

This could be useful for when an item is about to be broken the player can craft a new one, can break it, and a nice visual of amount ifvdurabikity we have...

Also while hovering over items in world there could be a bar showing how much health is left, as destroying items at this point is tough an tedious..  A weapon that breaks stone wall blocks, other home items much faster is needed... 

• Upvote 1