Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

More fun if you don't go around shooting everything

I discovered a  tiny Yland   between 3 other large ones ..it  had  a huge  cave open at the top ..like a volcanic  crater.  I could see  crystals  and  ylandium  down there but  no other way of  getting inside other than digging a path down.

Scouting around i discovered a hut perched on a cliff...but  around it were 3  snoozing bears.  so i got  some logs and  constructed a bridge from a nearby ridge and onto the roof of the hut ....it was made of planks which i could collect.   inside i  found a ylandium  cell and  some  pictures etc. and the usual  things .  I returned  to mt ship ... and sailed home ... the  3 bears were still asleep as i left and were unaware om little  goldilocks me   nearby.

Back  home i  managed to craft a propeller  pack with the ylandium  cylinder..and returned.

The  3  bears were still  sleeping and  no porridge in sight:D ..so i flew around with my new pack ..and  discovered  not far from the bears... the original owner of the hut ... "Here lies  John Doe"¬¬  I also  found  several other  abandoned  places with artifacts...  with predators  nearby  that  did not   become aware of  my stealth  approach. 

I eventually  explored all that  Yland,  and its  single  huge  crater cave  gathering  heaps of   crystals ..and  noting  massive   resources of  coal  copper  saltpeter and iron ore...  for  future   supplies if needed. I returned  home...

And  not a single  animal was harmed ...  Greenpeace will love me!:D

Those  bears  were still   snoring  when i left...  they   didn't  know i had been there.In memory of  John  Doe,  who provided  nourishment  for 3 bears, it  seems ....but  who  buried him?o.O

20180119172503_1.jpg

You can be glad those bears was sleeping if they could learn to use a shovel , they might also have learned to make flying potions. O.o

The one big problem with leaving those buggers alone is they multiply , making it so if you need to get something there again later you will need to fly over with hand grenades first. :ph34r: 

I  remember ane  saying if theres one  still alive,  they  can  respawn.B|

I have  wiped out dozens  of mutants in a cave, and there was one  branch i could not get to but could see in ... there was a mutant behind a rock  and i was out of  ammunition...      i returned to my base   reloaded  gun  and  crossbow to the max  with ammo and returned .... and  literally   saw these mutants respawning    as i  tried to kill them!  ...in that release you had to gut the  corpse to get the ylandium bones, and  after  you finished off a mutant , it would stop glowing. but as  you approached,  gutting knife in hand , another would   jump  up  from  behind the corpse.:o

In  o.6  release    when you  kill one  now   they just  form a pile of dust ..and  animals ..meat and  carcass.