jopy

[ suggestion ] LAG SPIKES / Building Mechanics

Question

After playing over 100 hours now  its LAG SPIKES constant , optimization is required right now as game play is now impossible falling off things all the time making what was a fun game into a pain to play.

Building mechanics : anyone who has tried will know that they are pretty broken and need some serious attention and reworked.

Other updates need to take a back seat before mechanics and optimization since the game is unplayable in its current state

Quite a shame this game was looking great , the building we could wait for the rework , but the lag spikes Unplayable.

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

9 hours ago, jopy said:

After playing over 100 hours now  its LAG SPIKES constant , optimization is required right now as game play is now impossible falling off things all the time making what was a fun game into a pain to play.

Building mechanics : anyone who has tried will know that they are pretty broken and need some serious attention and reworked.

Other updates need to take a back seat before mechanics and optimization since the game is unplayable in its current state

Quite a shame this game was looking great , the building we could wait for the rework , but the lag spikes Unplayable.

I totally agree with your statement, the lag does become very very annoying and needs fixing asap.

Edited by DazRogue

two words: Early Access .  If you buy into a game with theses words you should know what you are getting yourself into.

Constantly falling off while trying to build is a nuisance, but exactly how are the building mechanics "pretty broken" in your opinion? I find it quite easy to put things together actually. Get two blocks placed next to eachother (which can be a little tricky given the obvious problem that you're trying to manipulate objects in 3D through a 2D interface...) and the game "learns" where you want the next ones to go. So the problem is really just the two first blocks in any series, isn't it? If blocks were a little easier to distinguish in the crafting interface, I'd say this is as simple as it gets.

It's not Minecraft, but Minecraft never had to deal with odd shapes and by imaginary friend I've misplaced a few blocks in Minecraft too over the years.