Silwercastle

Propeller pack can be a real life saver.

Hunting mutants while using a propeller pack felt like a bit of a cheat for me at times ..... until now !

Ylands_180125_170409.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Velocifer said:

dude, I never found like that before! Ylandium farm! xD

This Ylandium "farm"  has another 30 - 50 of them. I am leaving them be to multiply for now as I have enough for my current use.

Between this lot, a few hiding in the top left and 6 more that got in my way getting here a accumulated 29 dust.

32 minutes ago, handofthesly said:

I never go caving without my propeller pack now, way too scary xD

There a 4 massive caves on this island crawling with them which made the pack a must.

Problem with the pack is if you are a bit to nervous you tend to fall out of the air right between them. :S 

I hope they don't change the propeller pack  for  just this reason.    Inside   caves it  can be   rather "Scary" and  i am sure a lot  would  not  venture  inside the caves if the pack was  changed  or  made  rechargeable. The  game is  difficult enough as it is  and should  not be made harder or  easier:|

That is sure some cave! and  that's a  nice collection of  mutants. And  by the  way,  once you stir the mutants  up,  do not be surprised to see them on the  surface,  seeking  revenge! :D  Unfortunately i missed the  screenshot that showed 4 of them trying to invade my sleeping area .... when being  savaged at night  by 4  crazy  angry  mutants you  don't  say "smile" and  hold a camera!  :D

• Like 2

Ran into something like that today on my starting island, didn't have a pack but they where all at the bottom and could not get up on the ledge that I was on, crossbow made short work on some of them lol

A crossbow is a potent and useful weapon!  after a spear, that's what  i craft next ... then a sword  for  close up melee defense. :P You  don't need  guns /gunpowder, and  can  get a long way into the game without them

5 hours ago, kimbuck said:

A crossbow is a potent and useful weapon!  after a spear, that's what  i craft next ... then a sword  for  close up melee defense. :P You  don't need  guns /gunpowder, and  can  get a long way into the game without them

Used the crossbow on this lot and when the bolts ran out the war axe. The war axe is much stronger than the sword, give it a try.

6 hours ago, kimbuck said:

I hope they don't change the propeller pack  for  just this reason.    Inside   caves it  can be   rather "Scary" and  i am sure a lot  would  not  venture  inside the caves if the pack was  changed  or  made  rechargeable. The  game is  difficult enough as it is  and should  not be made harder or  easier:|

Maybe i am doing it wrong, but i run around and normally only use the pack if i enter a cavern so as to get to mine roof stuff and get down or up high spots.

The setup that lets animals run away if they are shot at really make mutants much less dangerous as they all just try to run away .. up the wall once the shooting starts.

i only use the  pack to skip over  predators  hanging around  items of  interest  or  resources  .. these days i  don't  shoot   everything and  anything.

2 hours ago, kimbuck said:

i only use the  pack to skip over  predators  hanging around  items of  interest  or  resources  .. these days i  don't  shoot   everything and  anything.

Kill as needed policy for me. Unfortunately for the mutants that is almost all the time due to the need of ylandium. Leather do not really have a use so i do not bother.

• Like 1

The headlamp and the propeller pack are the main things I work towards since hunting for the mutants is fun, except when they fall from the ceiling of the caves.  That part really needs fixed.