Whane The Whip

Technical Problem: Can't access my .ycp workshop contribution

Question

When I first started learning how to use the editor I posted a waterworld scenario to the workshop. What I didn't realize at the time was that if a user decides to generate a new terrain with a scenario loaded in the editor, that the scenario auto-saves without warning so as a result, I have essentially deleted the most recent version with assets that I want to use in an updated 0.7 version. I tried to download what I uploaded to the workshop, but there is no option. I also can't subscribe to my own scenario in order to get the download.

Those that contribute scenarios should be able to download their own .ycp file from the workshop.

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

oh crap, lesson learned. That's definitely something need to be added in the future. I could help you to get your scenario map save file, but there is problem I think, access to game logic won't available in edited scenario, just like when you open explore mode in Editor.. I honestly never tried it, but we can try.

Update: it seems downloaded scenario (.yland file) has different kind of setting inside, the Editor don't show your scenario in "Open" menu, and the file is encrypted, not able to change the inside of it if you not decrypt it first. I don't know.. :| and I don't think you can share your scenario save file to the workshop.

Edited by Velocifer

18 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

oh crap, lesson learned. That's definitely something need to be added in the future. I could help you to get your scenario map file, but there is problem I think, access to game logic won't available in edited scenario, just like when you open explore mode in Editor.. I honestly never tried it, but we can try.

I believe that the .yland file is available in your Scenario folder and I would prefer that over any saved game that you might have, if you don't mind. I believe that .zip and .rar files are permitted as attachments when sending PM's and I suspect that you could just change the file extension without actually bothering to archive it.

It's not the logics I'm after but a couple of builds I have hidden under the water that I should have saved as compositions, but the .ylands scenario file as apposed to the .ylandsgame should still preserve everything.

I just update my first post, alright as you wish, I can send you the .yland and save file just incase.

• Thanks 1

I have had save issues as well. I make a new file each time I save and move it out of the save folder. This seems to work well for me. 

1 hour ago, RedEagle_MGN said:

I have had save issues as well. I make a new file each time I save and move it out of the save folder. This seems to work well for me. 

Thanks for that. I do the same as well, for all of the save folders. But this specific issue happened before I started keeping backups. As far as I knew, a scenario would not save unless I hit the save icon or chose to save on exit so at the time, I was surprised and disappointed to see that experimenting with a terrain would overwrite the scenario without warning, or prompting. I've been ignoring the loss until now because I've been planning to update the scenario for 0.7.