Y0ungSandwich

KNOWN ISSUE Constantly falling off ship. Latency?

Question

On our server we keep falling off the ship. Ill run to certain parts and it will teleport me off and to the left of where I was. I can run right through walls and out into the ocean. Doesn't matter how we get on the boat. i.e. ladder, pier, etc.

Is this a bug or merely a latency issue?

Makes exploring very dangerous. 

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Ships aren't very stable, especially when in motion. I cannot remember how many times I've fell off my ship simple because server derps.

This is quite a common issue, the general gist is, once on the move don't move unless need to or stop ship do what you need to and then continue on.

Yeah when we travel everyone sits unless were at a coast line lol. But this issue for me is anchored on our pier. Makes it very hard to build on. 

Ah ship building, yeah that's another can of worms, i tried and failed, so ill wait for 0.7 for now.

Well.  the same  just happened to me   except i fell through the ship  and  froze to death!   The  dreaded  "host unreachable"  message had   displayed  and  this poor parasite  rejoined  only to get the message that death had occurred!   Got the fal;ling through  earth   image then  snap  etc..

situation is  i cannot  rejoin  that game  :(  ..all attempts   result  in a black  screen   with the  obituary message...

Guess all i can do is wait until 0.7 arrives  and restart there and then,    or meanwhile find another  mp game thats not  infested with griefers..

11 hours ago, kimbuck said:

Well.  the same  just happened to me   except i fell through the ship  and  froze to death!   The  dreaded  "host unreachable"  message had   displayed  and  this poor parasite  rejoined  only to get the message that death had occurred!   Got the fal;ling through  earth   image then  snap  etc..

situation is  i cannot  rejoin  that game  :(  ..all attempts   result  in a black  screen   with the  obituary message...

Guess all i can do is wait until 0.7 arrives  and restart there and then,    or meanwhile find another  mp game thats not  infested with griefers..

If it was on the DS that i run, lemme know where you fell and ill have a look next time with the editor.

was  on the  temperate  biome island to the  east   of the spawn island  B|