bojo2736

Placing blocks.

This may be a dumb question, but are there commands for fine placing blocks and such?

I know about Q and S moving blocks up and down one step. Are there commands to move laterally and front to back one step? OMG block placement can be such a pain. If these commands don't exist, they really need to.

I'm at work right now. So I can't say for sure.. but I know there's a way to move em like that. I think you had to hold down Z? 
A button just like rotating. You hold it and then you can right click to change the direction in which you move it.
Really can't say which one it was for sure though

Yea so G is the button. Not Z.. what was I thinking. Good find Indomitus. :D

Are you saying that by changing the direction with G, it changes what Q and S movements are?

If you press and hold G, then it will show arrows.  Click Right mouse button to change the arrow direction, and use the mouse to move along the direction you have selected.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MariaFord said:

Can someone tell me the same commands as I am new to this, it will be helpful for me.

hey you mean buttons? all buttons for manipulating (rotate, move, off grid, etc) blocks are already on your UI. I can't tell you right know, because I'm not at home nor using default key binding, so it might be different from yours. 

Edited by Velocifer