ComR

Suggestion? We cannot wake up when we need to!

Question

Hi,

Waking up in any moment we need was very good idea and very needed. lease - give us the "right click" back! I guess many of us pferef different waking up hours, but I used to use them as they were needed - for exploring different time, in winter different time, during storms - different time... That was very important - please, give it back to us!

:(
Bartosz

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 replies to this bug / suggestion

When I was exploring I had different wake up times - because I wanted birds to be on the way... If I started to early - I was faster than birds. Additionally I was able to sleep storms and rains - now it's impossible... This new waking up times is very good addition, but there should be "emergence wake up" just with one click. Many times I was awaken starved to death, but I managed to wake a bit earlier - now, it's possible to die, before you wake up! :(

Please, add old rigt click waking up, please! This is very, very important thing!

All Best,

ComR

• Upvote 1

This was changed to make it consistent with the new Multiplayer sleeping. It's possible that Singleplayer sleeping could be tweaked in the future due to feedback, we'll see about that :) 

• Upvote 1

Ahh I was also missing the part of waking up out of hunger, this could be the because of the same tweak. 

Accidentally hit my sleep till morning button a second time so slept for "over 36 hours", my little campfire was still on fire and their was no hunger (SP explore mode). 

• Upvote 1

Dear Ane, I understand it's for multiplayer games, but Ylands is not only multiplayer game now... :(

Being one who does not appreciate multiplayer (at all) because i hate the bully spirit that reigns in those, i only play Ylands on my absolute total very own, where i can be ecological and all, replanting trees, not decimating animal populations and such, so you get the point, i dont give a heck about MP, but i DO like my Freedom, waking when i want, eating when i feel like it, keeping my environment clean...

Please do give us back the FREE SLEEP in single player. (and to hell multiplayer)

@ComR this is the post you should keep, it already has more answers including one by Ane.

Edited by YadNiMonde
  • Upvote 1

lol, calm down guys.. everything still can be changed, and maybe canceling sleep could act like voting again in multiplayer.

2 hours ago, YadNiMonde said:

Being one who does not appreciate multiplayer (at all) because i hate the bully spirit that reigns in those, i only play Ylands on my absolute total very own, where i can be ecological and all, replanting trees, not decimating animal populations and such, so you get the point, i dont give a heck about MP, but i DO like my Freedom, waking when i want, eating when i feel like it, keeping my environment clean...

Please do give us back the FREE SLEEP in single player. (and to hell multiplayer)

@ComR this is the post you should keep, it already has more answers including one by Ane.

Change in sleeping in SP is for me completelly unacceptable -it ruins my game experience and I think I'm not the only one. Not everyone wants to play MP. Devs, please, remember - not everyone wants to play MP.....

1 hour ago, Velocifer said:

lol, calm down guys.. everything still can be changed, and maybe canceling sleep could act like voting again in multiplayer.

Right, but Devs already removed/changed  conted many people beloved. i hoped to see that all as option (maybe it will be an option when modding will be possible), but for now it seems that MP is priority for Devs and that Devs are not interested in let us choose - they just do, what they think most people want. This is... sad...

2 minutes ago, ComR said:

but for now it seems that MP is priority for Devs and that Devs are not interested in let us choose - they just do, what they think most people want. This is... sad...

please don't be negative, if the devs ask us whats better to do, it will takes so much times.. They better works based on feedback, and give positive feedback to devs will ofcourse help them to make great game. ;)

• Upvote 1

yeah, no need to go all out =) it s not the end of the world, and let s see what other people have to say about it, and i am sure Devs do consider (i just dont like MP but that s just me and my experience about it =) , besides Ane said:

On 15/02/2018 at 8:54 AM, Ane said:

This was changed to make it consistent with the new Multiplayer sleeping. It's possible that Singleplayer sleeping could be tweaked in the future due to feedback, we'll see about that :) 

13 minutes ago, YadNiMonde said:

i am sure Devs do consider (i just dont like MP but that s just me and my experience about it =)

They will :). I understand why you don't like MP, but I still hoping we can team up again in the future xD

On 16.02.2018 at 7:13 PM, Velocifer said:

please don't be negative, if the devs ask us whats better to do, it will takes so much times.. They better works based on feedback, and give positive feedback to devs will ofcourse help them to make great game. ;)

I guess you're right, but sometimes if most people demands something - it doesn't mean it's good for "the cause"...  If you want to make game to be loved by everyone - you'll fail. You have to make a choice and the poilish it... Right?

On 16.02.2018 at 4:12 PM, YadNiMonde said:

YadNiMonde,

Please, help me! I think that singleplayer is the most important part of the game, but I understand it can be great in multiplayer too. I hope they will understand that solo and multi games are two different games - at least -  some of us will be happy with solo, others coop, others PvP... Please, remembr that you have to build game based on one idea - or make two different games. I think that solo survival games should be base for coop survival (no, not "hardcore" survival - rather relaxing type of game), but why PvP should be removed!?!? That was great idea to see other lonely survivor - friendly or not. If you feel you can make him firendly - good for you. If he's a threat - kill him! 

Devs, please, take a look at games around you! Open World, Sandbox Games are the most funny things! Bohemia Interactive started it in big scale with Operation Flashpoint - Cold War. Why you want To stop developing something new? Pirate games are all around us and withing the 2 years there will be dozens new titles... And - very good.  Stop competing to anyone! Especially old titles like Second Live, ECO, LEGO Worlds and so on - it's too late and this is good - make your game new and innovative. I think you destroyed Ylands biggest plus - atmosphere. Sea of Thiefts took it - it's your fault... But, still,  "SoT" is short time game fun... PvP is the only fun thing, but people willl be bored eventually. Yeah, I'm writing whole titles, because I thing you are not exactly who your customers are... Ok? 

Ylands started as dark atmosphere, stone age survival game with ability to develop new technologies sloooowly... It was above all Robinson Crusoe's story with dead bodies and skeletons... and I loved it. I wasn't sure that low poly will work - but, when I bought it - yes, I must say - it works.

And now take a look at "Sea of Thiefts"... Whos playing it?? It's mostly PvP, dringking, killing and humour - great! And who's playing it? Mostly very young people. And yes, they will be playing it, because there are skeletons, ghosts and killing each other!!!

LEGO Worlds - I was  great fan - I thought it's something new, GTA with building... But... noone in fact worked on it. It seems to be dead now. It's some kind of cheap flash game. Two hours - end of game. 

Sorrry, I have to mention your own works... OF was wanderful... fantastic... But Arma III? I never bought any arma only because there was no patches for that game!  (I guess, there were patches for it, but.. mostly community work). And Arma III? Last time I wanted to buy Arma III or maybe Squad... I'm watching people who plays Arma for years.... And...???? For god sake!!! There is no patches for glithes at all (2013!!!!!!), but you have tons of new DLS's!  And ask anybody - they are furious! You have DLC's, but no patches for most obvious glitches... 

I cannot ask you simple question, especially you, Ann and you, Ules - I understand you work on Ylands, but have you ever tried to play it???

No, I don't want't to be seen as a bad guy... I understand that making game and playing the same game it's something veeeeeery diffferent... But... I think you never really tried to play your game. I understand you have much work, but in old days... (silly day's as some say) people who were working on any game were first people to play it.

I'm sorrry that leetter was so long. I guesss noone will read it anyway. 

I do not want any applause or opposite fun speaches. I just would like to help you make great game.

I guess it was stupid, long letter and noone cares if your game will be good or not - he only person interested is your sponsor X - eternal enemy on Superman.

All The Best!

ComR

I hope Ylands  

4 hours ago, James Paton said:

Yes I totally agree because we need to be able to sleep through storms and other stuff

Yes. And sometimes it's very important to wake up just before sunrise to prepare long trip. Additionally, some bioms have longer days and some shorter days... Also... It's good to pland your fields and sleep few days to see grown trees and plants...