Sign in to follow this  
ComR

Sleeping SP problem...

Question

Hi,

I understand problem of sleeping in MP. I'm not playing inMP, because of bugs I heard about and... sleeping problems, but I think you cannot mix singleplayer and multiplayer games. I mentioned before, that most singleplayers (my opinion is based on my gameplay and gameplay of people playing on YT). You cannot simply teat both as one gameplay. Why? Imagine problems we had and we have now:
First of all:  I wasn't playing MP yet, because I saw many videos and opinions regarding horrible bugs, even bigger that those from singleplayer - so, I'm waiting for stable version.
1) Idea of waking up when you want - and automatic wake up when you were starving was - great. I understand it can't work with MP, but you have to keep in mind, hat not all of us will want to play MP - at least for now. As I mentioned before - It was not only very functional, but also very nice and pretty site to wake up just befor sunrise.  And it wasn't just for fun of it:
a) Depending on biom (I think there are seasons in the Ylands? If not - please, implementi it - it's not so complicated [I'm guessing you are working on it?]), sun is rising on some bioms after 3.00, in others much later - which is very nice toutch and I hope you will implement it as a rule. 
b) I love to see sunrise - now - it's impossible. If I want to see sunrise - I can't go to sleep.
c) I used to sail as early as possible - especially, because I need to prepare everything - so, I was waking up just before sunrise...
d) Also, if I had to work on my plantations - I usually never go to sleep or wake up just after sunrise - again - it's impossible now.
e) In harsh bioms as Arctic, Turndra or Rainforest - during rain storms, thunderstorms, rainstorms or snowstorms you can do nothing (uless you are building inside you home, ship or exploring caves), so the only way way to go to sleep for an hour or so. Now it's impossible...
f) Sailing. I'm sure there was some bug in it, because it worked sometimes, but sometimes not -  if you were sailing far far away, it was possible (or I felt that way), to sleep during long trip. gain - you ccannot do it anymore.
g)  Crafting - it's not a big deal, but I used to make many fireplaces, set food to cook, and workbenches to rork and go to sleep. Now, even after veeeery long sleeep - meals are not ready and are still cooking... I'm guessing the same problem is with blacksmith station, weaving lomms, spinning wheels and so on. This is surly a bug, but...

Sleeping in MP should be separated from SP. If you want your new idea to work properly - let us set the clock... However - I cannot understand the idea. Some people will be alway without any sleeping bugs or beds, so if even one people cannot build sleeping bag or just do not want to sleep - whole idea is ruined. It would be much better if you allow people in MP to sleep on the ground and let people vote (yes, this is kind of vote, but even if one person isn't capable of sleeping or  just want to make you all angry - it will not work.. So, it should be possible to sleep on the ground - maybe it should be bad for your health (health not restoring completely?). 

Well, if most people are sleeping - minority should be forced to sleep. Alter al it's not tragedy, just time shift...

All The Best, ComR

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

I agree with a few points of this thread, as far as the SP sleeping changes in the 0.7 update.

I'm not sure sleeping in SP has to be different from MP, but the 4 pre-defined times to wake (06, 12, 18, 24 hrs) is problematic for these reasons (mostly stated above):

1) rise at 3AM for max daylight sailing time

2) short sleep through a storm

3) short sleep to accelerate cooking/smelting/plant growth, etc.

Summary - the ability to sleep in SP and see the clock to wake when the player wishes should be re-implemented.

Side note - I've never noticed the sunrise time change for different biomes (always around 03 hrs) but was probably doing it more in Temperate/Rainforest/Desert biomes.