Hattrix

Random Ylandish things

Running a dedicated server here.  0.7 version

We've found 7 islands and have gone, as best as possible, EVERYWHERE but can't find any more islands. Is there a way to find out where any more islands are? My friend and I have a bet and I say there are NO more islands in our game. We want to settle the score. We've got 3 desert islands, 1 jungle, 1 forest, 1 pine forest that gets cold and snows at times, 1 pure arctic.

We've never seen an NPC.

When I found a new island, I'd tame a horse on it, but it seems like the more horses I tame, the earlier ones don't respond when you call them when you go back to that island. I've called for a horse, not have it come, but then find it on the other side of the island just hanging out. Do horses just wander off and become wild again? Do the wander off anyway but stay your tame? Do they get killed by wolves or other predators?

When on the high seas, look around for birds - they only fly around islands.

If you want a definitive answer, load the save game in to the editor and use the Go To menu option to see the list of islands and their biomes.

NPCs only show up between 8am and 6pm at certain randomly generated structures, ie. not all structures have NPCs.

On most of my explore games I've had between 9-11 ylands so you might have more but you will need to check in the editor as Baz said above.

Horses seem a bit buggy at the moment but horses can die if they sustain enough damage, falling from heights and maybe even walking over sea urchins (I need to test this) could eventually kill the horse. I have not seen wolves or other predators attack or kill other animals before, this may change in the future though.