Onedown

Player creations suggestion

Question

Wouldn't it be fascinating if they could devise a system where player compositions made by players that give consent could be in the random distribution of things in explore games?  I'd be tickled pink to stumble across  something like the ship in the glass sphere made by a very talented player whose name eludes me (my memory for names is not what it used to be, actually come to think of it remembering names never was a thing for me).  I'm not talking about whole bases or huge castles but little scenes similar to what the devs use already like little cabins where you find them and wonder "Hmm what happened here?"  I'm not saying the devs should do this as I don't know if its within the scope of their plans but I think it would add a lot of variety.

• Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

So maybe a special category within the Workshop where you can submit some compositions, then have it be vetted by the BI team to make sure it's in compliance with their requirements and policies, then have the world generator include it as part of its random scenario generation?  It'd be nice if the work could be attributed to the player somehow without breaking the immersion.  Like maybe just a small plaque on the wall somewhere that you can interact with to see the designer details.

Space Engineers did that as far as I remember. people could submit designs and the SE Team would pick the nice ones that would fit. And upon new world generation those creations would show up in game.

I am upvoting this for the sole reason of it being an amazing suggestion. I don't know what limitations there are and/or if it CAN be done. Nevertheless.. I like.

I have been thinking the same thing actually! It’s a great idea, how fun would it be to find another  players creation in your own world. Of course they would have to make sure it’s not full of top level gear as that would be too chesty. I like the idea of having a plaque to give credit to the creator 

Or a painting you can find in game or craft with the users' forum picture in the classic Ylands way :3 SO even if you can't find their creation in that particular world. You can still craft a painting. That's also pretty cool as a 'reward' for the user that made the creation. (besides.. already having it in game xD But hey)