Spyler.X

DEV ANSWER [YLD-9229] error when editing workshop model(Asset guid should be the same.)

Question

Asset guid should be the same.

I receive this message every time I try to replace the workshop model .ycp.
The other day the same happened to me but it was resolved by changing the name of the composition as it was a symbol º and apparently does not accept it.

But today I could not. I have tried with the name in several ways, I have also recreated the composition and nothing may have something to do with the deletion of the publisher's list.
In the end I chose to delete the model and upload it again.

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

Now I am trying to replace this file. if you can try to tell me how to fix it, since it is a hassle for others to have to download the file several times.

this is the one that is uploaded in the workshop               ==_SIMPLE_RAIL_TRAIN_V.2.rar

and this is the updated version that does not let me put  KIT_RAIL_TRAIN_OPTIMIZED.rar

this time I will be patient and wait for a solution :)

Hi,

are you sure that you always resave your already existing composition?

20180319124802_1.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 19/3/2018 at 12:49 PM, Houp said:

Hi,

are you sure that you always resave your already existing composition?

20180319124802_1.jpg

I would like it but the composition disappears from my editor when I upload it to the workshop so I am forced to create a new one.
other times it worked for me although I honestly do not know if I can assure that it was different .

I mention this in another post I think it may be related to the access routes

Well then let's say that this is solved. :)

my problem is the other one that should not be erased from my compositions

I've put a video on the other thread the moment it disappears

Edited by spyler.1989

Anyway I would like to add that maybe it would be better if it could be changed for any composition since this method forces us to recreate the previous composition in case we want to save it. Maybe you could have a record and if it is a copy of it even if it is saved differently that can be substituted in the workshop

Now I understand. Composition really should not disappear from your account after uploading them to a workshop. "*.ycomp" file should stay in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xyz\abc\remote\Compositions folder. I will talked with our testers how to reproduce the issue. (I probably do something different because I am unable to reproduce this bug)

However, you are right. In the future it should be possible to resave workshop compositions/scenarios with any other. You will not need to have files with matching Ids any more.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your quick response. :)
I will create backup copies to avoid the problem while it is solved

We know now where exactly problem is. Problematic is pressing "pack for workshop" and then alt-tabbing from the editor and back to the editor.

Until it is fixed I suggest to go to main menu after pressing "pack for workshop". Sorry for the problems.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Houp said:

We know now where exactly problem is. Problematic is pressing "pack for workshop" and then alt-tabbing from the editor and back to the editor.

Until it is fixed I suggest to go to main menu after pressing "pack for workshop". Sorry for the problems.

Ohh great, I'm glad to hear that. :)
I'll try that too.
  I managed to dodge the problem by backing up the .ycom model before uploading it to the workshop