Maracuja P1

Planting trees in base

Question

Started a DS a few days ago came back today and someone has planted trees and bushes in my base to stop me using my stuff and generally annoying me. I thought i was protected by the Protective Barrier Generator??

Is this a known griefers tactic and if so is there going to be an update?

http://prntscr.com/ix3igb what it looks like now :(

Edited by Maracuja537

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

1 hour ago, Maracuja537 said:

Started a DS a few days ago came back today and someone has planted trees and bushes in my base to stop me using my stuff and generally annoying me. I thought i was protected by the Protective Barrier Generator??

Is this a known griefers tactic and if so is there going to be an update?

http://prntscr.com/ix3igb what it looks like now :(

Barrier doesn't stop players from placing or planting things, or picking up placed things or harvesting plants.

It prevents breaking of constructed items (that have had a chance to harden in place) as well as terrain.

• Upvote 1

This  type of griefing is considered to be clever by those with an IQ of  less than 10. All you can do is  hope the server admin reacts and dumps the idiot out of their server,  however if it  not a DS with public access,  and open to every/any one, expect these  un-creative types to do things like  this. Its  built into  their  tiny brain and its  their nature.

If the barrier  did more than  what it does now, that would go a long way to making the  game  more enjoyable for  those of us who have brains and use them in a socially acceptable and  creative manner.

Meanwhile,  try to plan your  base area  in a  fashion to exclude  access by these kids.....  only put outside  your  exclusion  zones  things  that don't really  matter if  some  misfit wants to  make himself   look smart by destroying them.

Look for a  dedicated  server  that has  active admins who can exclude these typesB|

Edited by kimbuck
  • Thanks 1

I am the admin lol. ive created a save game and back it up each night now and keep an eye open for trolls, i have a few names i look for now, just hope the DEVS give us more control over the game so we can teleport to players and deal with this sort of thing before it gets out of hand. 

11 minutes ago, Maracuja537 said:

I am the admin lol. ive created a save game and back it up each night now and keep an eye open for trolls, i have a few names i look for now, just hope the DEVS give us more control over the game so we can teleport to players and deal with this sort of thing before it gets out of hand. 

Agreed, there was a post in the dedicated server forum asking for feedback on what we would like to see - teleporting to players was something I had on my list.  It is definitely needed.

In the meantime, build walls just inside of your barrier and lock your doors.  Don't place anything right inside of the wall unless you double-wall.  And don't rely on terrain as a border if you excavate right up to the barrier (griefers will find touchpoints along the dirt and dig through it).

Finally - make extensive use of the ban command.  I have over 10 ID's that are banned on my server.  I have signage at spawn that tell people what the rules are, and how to contact me on Discord for the rest of the policies, news, and chat.  If they still choose to cause grief, they can't use the excuse that they didn't know.  First offense - banned.  I don't have time to deal with it, so that's the route I go with.

If you don't have signs up at spawn to make your policies clear, on the other hand, you'll probably want to warn, then monitor - if you can afford the time.

• Thanks 2

With the 0.8 update, people can't plant in other people's protective barrier, so this shouldn't happen again :)

• Upvote 1