Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

It will not stop them, but will make it really difficult for them

Prior to 0.8, i had a griefer attack my base... they  smashed the locks   on the helm /anchor ,  crafted their own replacements and  sailed of with my  ship.  For all their  efforts  they ended up with a ban  from  the server!

I  experimented with some ideas  and  came  up with this one ....  there's   doors fitted to the  dock exit.. which can be locked ...and there's  horizontal  doors attached to the ship..which can  be  locked in the  horizontal position. With the dock doors closed and the   ship dors  extended , the  ship cannot  pass out through the  entry of the  dock.   The   dock  doors are in the Protection barrier field  so  cannot be  destroyed, as is the dock walls  etc.

Now   what could be done  would  be to find a natural  bay suitable  for several ships to be moored inside.   Extend the   sides at the opening to   allow a  narrow  canal  exit, and place your base there,  with the  PB   protecting the  doors    to the entry/exit.

Of course the determined  a..hats will find a way,   but  it will   take so long that they could be traced through  server  back up saves.

Attached  screenshots   are of  my  dockyard ... the side doors on the  ship are  locked  horizontal and as such the  ship cannot pass through the  gap in the   main doors... which are in the  PB  field.

But to be sure,  ship has locks  fitted!¬¬

20180409094004_1.jpg

20180409094030_1.jpg

• Like 3

Nice work, however i wonder if explosive barrels work or don't work inside a barrier, my last ships were discovered and blown up with this method... since then i haven't bothered with ships or customizing them

:D As i said  it  wont  stop them but force them to look for  exploits  we  can  see  and the  devs   can patch!

Foobar suggested that a large door be used  at the floor of the dock,    so closing it  raises it and  stops the keel  from passing over.

you could  put he doors around at  almost waterline level  as a retractable platform  for  killing sharks ...or   fitting spikes to stop illegal  boarders¬¬

they can make a more discreet security system if they put a block floating on one side of the boat and put a door in their house where the block can enter leaving the boat outside.

they can laugh at them when they try to rob them and can not xDxDxD

By the way kimbuck, a lovely house :x

Edited by Spylerx