Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

Very minor notes and tiny irritations

Question

Just wanted a place to list small things in the game that aren't really big enough to need to upload logs or drive full investigations by the devs, but that can get a little annoying or might not be intended.

Online PB deconstruct exploits?

I've noticed that the "deconstruct" ability inside a PB has created a few really minor exploits.  First, if you light a campfire and let it burn out, you can still deconstruct it and get the stick back, not burned.  Second, if you want bamboo without growing it, you can use sticks to make wicker baskets, then deconstruct them.  It will give you bamboo every time.  There's nothing game-breaking there, just odd side-effects of the feature.  There are probably others as well, that I haven't found yet.

(Not related:  If you deconstruct something but don't have enough inventory space, the extra materials just vanish from existence.  Can we have the extras fall on the floor or something please?)

Stones spawn under feet when digging

I am a tunneler.  Most of my bases are caverns that I dig out myself, so I spend a lot of time with my pick, or drill if I can get it, and I end up with a lot of stone chunks.  I've worked out how to aim at the voxels to get a nice straight wall every time.  But often, while digging, stone chunks and other things will spawn right under my feet, pushing my Ylander up into the low ceiling, and wrecking my aim.  It's a little jarring, especially in First Person view, which I'm usually in when I'm digging.

to be continued / open for others to add

• Like 2

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

1 hour ago, Indomitus said:

I've worked out how to aim at the voxels to get a nice straight wall every time.  But often, while digging, stone chunks and other things will spawn right under my feet, pushing my Ylander up into the low ceiling, and wrecking my aim.  It's a little jarring, especially in First Person view, which I'm usually in when I'm digging

This has irritated me for ages!

I will add: when a stack of building materials gets used up and replaced with another, any rotation set by the player is reset.

• Like 1

Just remembered another one:

When you activate an item directly from one of the storage containers (like seeds from the seed box) the count will not go down as you use them.  It does not do this if you move them out to the main inventory before activating them.  They do get used up, but the count stays static until you enter your inventory and select something else.  (When it gets to the end, it simply says "FAILED")

• Like 1