handofthesly

Palm leaf panel for huts

Question

I would love to see a new set of building panels made out of rainforest palms, rainforest plants, and philodendron leaves that could be combined with rope and sticks to craft roofs for huts.  Alternatively hay could be used to make a thatch style roof.

There could be straight and different angled panels used for constructing the roof of a hut and then the existing bamboo panels could be used for the walls for example.

This would make building early game shelters a lot easier, especially for those of us who aren't the best at building. They would also look awesome. I trialed a hut roof out of rainforest plants in the editor but it looks silly as its the whole plant being used. Ideally you could use a knife or something to chop off some of the leaves from the palms and rainforest plants and craft them into panels or sheets.

I realise there are straw blocks in the game already but that's exactly what they are: blocky. I'm thinking thinner, more organic looking panels with the overlapping fronds. If that's even possible to do in Ylands, I have no idea but it would be cool nonetheless.

rancho-mastatal-5-051.jpg

Palm Hut.png

Primitive-Technology-round-hut-shelter-jungle-palm-fronds-mud-fire-1.jpg

Rainforest Palm1.png

Rainforest Plant2.png

Philodendron1.png

Rainforest huts.png

• Upvote 4

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

Wonderful idea..  Palm frond  roof ...   please?:|

How about an Australian Aboriginal  shelter......  simply    bark  pieces   leaning against a  tree  trunk ... or  as in the   Philippines   a   'Bahay Kubo" ...a   small hut made form bamboo and covered in Palm fronds. This would be  something  simple  for  a new arrival to  shelter in the first  few nights  while  collecting  resources  for a bigger    build

If there were panels available   made from Bamboo  only  one layer thick  that could  be  placed   at a  45 degree angle  against a   vertical support   ( tree,  cliff  face)...  that would be   great. I can see  issues  though,  with   avatar  height  collision.. but     that's a new  challenge for the   programmers :P

• Like 1