Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

Bringing some editing functions into the game

Question

The reason why so many  servers are unoccupied... is because , according to  chat on other channels,  players  are preferring to work in the editor,  creating etc  things that are not possible in the game with the limited functions/materials..

Perhaps  if  some of the  editor  functions  regarding building  were introduced  into the standard  games ,  you would see more players online.

By this i mean  being able to place  objects at  different  angles,   and also the availability of  different   shaped blocks  panels... or perhaps blank  faced  panels  where the  builder can  chose a pattern/texture  for them  prior to placement etc.

Also   ship  hulls  that can be  modified  and  therefore  easier to build  upon. same with  vehicles.

If players  had a wider range of  crafting materials  and   more construction options,  then   that might  drag  some out of the  editor  and  back into the game.

Its  kinda  boring to be the only one on line  in a MP game, building and crafting,   then see a player arrive ...drop down a completed  humungous elaborate  house/castle/boat etc they made in editor....    then they log out  leaving you standing there  aghast...with your  half   build mini outhouse..!O.o

If only in the game i could  easily  build something that"s not the  basic   square/rectangle   bland structure available  to me  because of  limited    construction shapes etc...:|

But i persist....     maybe one day....¬¬

• Like 2

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

Hey Kim, I like the suggestion... also all the cool things from the editor be made available to build in MP and also SP... e.g that fantastic looking chair and the iron pipe. For now, you can make a building in the editor, and then make a blueprint of what you've made. This will require opening a new game and then placing your saved comp and bang, now you can add that building anywhere on a MP, he he as long as you have the ingredient :)

• Upvote 1