Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

making it interesting

In order to keep interest alive on the P1 server, i have  started placing "adventures"  randomly  around the  various  islands.

One  has already been set up, and its  " Captain Longjohn Underpants" pirate treasure :D   AAaaargh   !

Should you find the hidden chest,  you can only open it with a  key  ( it cannot be  busted open:P )  and  you  have to locate where  Captain  Longjohn Underpants'  ship sank in a storm .. and avoid becoming shark food.  You might find   useful items in the wreck  and if  no one  else beat you to it,  a key;)

The second adventure planned is  Anemia Earwax's  crashed plane   ... you have to locate  both  the plane  wreck  and her  last camp  to get clues where each other is located,  plus a different  landmark to visit.  At these landmarks there's instruction on how to use  your map  to locate where the  mumbo-jumbo tribe  buried the cargo  she tossed out of her  stricken plane before it crashed.  You need all  4 locations   otherwise   you will be  ages  digging in the wrong spot  !

Then there's Steven Dworfz diamond  mine.. (  apologies to Snow  white, but  shes  not   around any more as Prince  Charming  got lost...   he  ate  his map by mistake ! :D..)  The  clues to the mines  location are still being   decided on, but  diamonds are great trading   items  with  NPC's

Then  there will be Pharaoh  Tuttifrutti's  temple .. not much to reveal here other than   tuttifrutti liked worshiping  Hyenas, but  they  liked  him as a meal better:D  .and yes he  grew up with a a very protective  mummy ... or was it  2 ?:o be  wary!

Then there's Captain  Kneemohs  submarine ...   (shhhh thats a secret :/   but  it involves a  powerful  power source...)

And  finally,  Area  52 ..an  abandoned base where they  reverse  engineered captured  alien craft.....   no one there now,  but  lots of  left over parts and  stuff  to hunt for and collect to help your technology tree  expand..

So far i  have only  managed to implement  the first  one , the others  will arrive  randomly and un-announced ...  so   visitors to P1,  have  fun searching.B| ..and be  wary!

Meanwhile  my  evil  brain is  working on other  delights ,  like   Dr Moroh's   workshop where he  experimented  with   mutant  animals,   and   ummm  ----- well guess  you will have to find out the others   through  experience :D

I am getting as much  fun creating them ( and the silly puns)  as you will  have in finding them.  Perhaps   some other  server Admins  might want to   adopt  some similar  ideas in the   future for their  servers, ....?:P

• Like 1

On the last map I tried to do something similar. Instead of looking for the keys I had hidden, they just bashed the chest in. No sense of fun at all.

now I just leave random stuff when I think of it.

Kim, you should make those in editor. Then we can make them indestructible and place them in as mini-quests :D

• Haha 1

bojo, the  chest is somewhere where it  cannot be bashed open ... cannot say too much or it will be too easy to find. ;)

Red... one day i  will  assemble  my grey cells and experiment in editor  ... :D

Here are some screenshots of  the  adventures  on  P1 ... they have  been  carefully edited to not reveal their locations  B|. So far only  one has been located... the other is a mystery  awaiting  exploration..

These screenshots are of   Captain LongJohn Underpants  cave where he buried his  pirate treasure. ..  wheres his   ship?  ask the sharks :D

20180804084957_1.jpg

20180804085033_1.jpg

So you think you found  Area 52?  Once you gain access... ( you don't need force...:P )  explore the  abandoned  rooms  ..but be careful ..you do not  know   what  experiments were conducted there ! ..and  do not get lost in the maze of passageways...

You  might also  find  items  to  boost your  technology crafting ... or you could  end up back at  spawn in your  undies! :o

But have  fun ;)

20180804084208_1.jpg

20180804084158_1.jpg

20180804084021_1.jpg

20180804083938_1.jpg

20180804083916_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Apparently the  area  52  building is so  secret  its been abandoned ..because  the  workers  there cannot find it !:o

But wandering around the   island i saw this   quaint hut ...  umm  but   what are those things on the roof used for ?B|

(  This pic is  from my sp  building   scenario game   and  is  the  modified  version ... it is not  he same as the one currently  somewhere on P1 . but will appear  on an island  somewhere   when the P1  islands are restarted   after the .10 release.. )

20180807173402_1.jpg