Rice Snob

Floating dirt fragments

Sometimes when I dig, mine, etc., there are tiny fragments of dirt, rock, or whatever,  that are left behind uncleared, usually floating in mid-air.  Under normal circumstances I could ignore them, but there are so many around my main base it’s ugly and distracting.  I’ve tried building in the same physical space to see if I could overwrite them, but when I destroy what I built, the fragments are still there.  Also, no amount of digging will excavate them further or make them disappear.  Any ideas on how to get rid of them?  

You can press C to change to First Person mode.  In this mode you can aim with more accuracy, and should be able to clear most of them with a single hit.  Just aim the dot at center of your screen straight at each one and hit it with your pick.

When you're done you can press C again to change back to Third Person view, if you like it better.

Edited by Indomitus

Never even thought of that, but it worked like a charm.  My base is now clean and beautiful!!!  Thanks!

It can also happens  to other stuff, wenn you grow bamboo to close together and chop/saw down a lot at once some seeds and bamboo sticks can float in mid air also. Wenn it is out of reach just place a log and stand on it (in 1st person) take the thing from the air and grab the log again(smash it within before the timer ends).