Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

I think the Visual Scripting could use...

Question

(Starting a thread so we can pull together thoughts and suggestions on the Visual Scripting in one place.)

• I think it needs a way to recognize grouped objects and act on them as a unified entity (move, rotate, etc).
    • ...or maybe I just haven't found it yet.
    • Maybe just by moving the active object in the group (like using it as a handle) with an option to move only that one or the entire group relative to that active point.
  • Repetitive loops could be a lot cleaner if we had an in-line Timer command block, kind of like the "wait" or "sleep" command most languages have.  Then the code for sliding a block gently to one side (for example) could all be inside a single script block, not split between an event listener and a timer, for example.  (What can I say?  I'm a old-school coder.  I like my code neat.)

Overall, I like it so far.  I've only had a couple hours yesterday to play with it, though, so I'm not very far in yet.

• Upvote 2

28 replies to this bug / suggestion

For Instruction Tiles (custom commands we've created in a Global or other storage) it would be nice to be able to see what storage it is contained in, if we are using it in code somewhere else.  Maybe if we can see the name of the Game Logic it is part of, either if we hover over it, or right-click on it.

The new Logic Label is very useful.  I have a couple requests/suggestions for it (if these are possible):

1.  Could we allow selecting Logic objects from the listing at right of the screen?  Sometimes the objects are scattered across a map, or there are large numbers of them.  In those cases, it would be much easier to use the Game Logic list instead.

2.  This one would probably be more difficult, but could it be possible for the Logic Label (and maybe the Entity Label) to be able to select multiple objects, then drag and drop onto the Label Object to add them to the list?

For Interior logic (lighting control) could we have an option to apply the value as an absolute lighting level?  Currently, it applies it as a multiple of the current daylight.