Sign in to follow this  
Squigglys

Object Suggestions

Question

Object & Game Suggestions

Hello Ylands community

I've been thinking about what I'd like to see added to Ylands in the future maybe for fun or for a practical purpose. Apologies in advance because I have a lot of ideas! I hope there are others that'd also like to see some of my suggestions or similar and not be to distressed by my thoughts.

Objects Suggestions (some of them will have purpose for my game suggestions that will be further down):

• A few variations of skulls and bones.

• An open beach umbrella.

• Another candle variation preferably long.

• More gems like emerald, ruby & sapphire.

• Gold amulets and rings can be crafted in combination with gems.

• Capes that'd be used in the back slot.

• Upgradeable propeller pack (practical purpose). I know I'm not the only one that has been flung from his or her ship only to have to load up the editor and place my character back on the ship before it sails off into the sunset. My idea would be to give the propeller pack the upgradeable ability to have a charge similar to the mining drill. The purpose of this would be to give the propeller pack a jet like boost that would increase the players flight speed to an amount faster than the fastest potential of a ship. The boost wouldn't last long enough to make ships irrelevant for travel but would allow you to catch back up to the ship before it's too late. I also feel like those exhausts on the back of the propeller pack were perfectly placed for this idea. During the time of the boost you could have green fire busting from them to indicate the use.

• Potion suggestions;

Gatherer potion (chance to double gathered resources)

Yielding potion(potential to double crafting yields)

Game Suggestions:

• Add amulet and ring character equipment slots

• Enchanting:

Add an enchanting crafting station to the game.

Enchants can be placed directly onto items that can be equipped or onto a (place holder) e.g a rune to give access to unique abilities.

• Enchant suggestions:

1. Levitation an alternative to the propeller pack (Levitation enchant gives access to flight. Double tap space bar to fly, shift to lower. A more graceful form of flight in comparison to the flapping arms flight potion. As if flying with an invisible propeller pack).

2. Vision gives the player a torch light in the dark (without the necessity of wearing a head torch helmet).

I'm sure you guys will have more to add to these ideas so I'll leave it at that and see what your thoughts are. Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I would like to see more tree variety... like   flowering   and  fruiting  peach /  apple / trees...and also  decorative  flowering trees  like  jacarandas.. etc that  go through a  flowering    deciduous  cycle ..besides  jacaranda  wood    is  cedar,  and  highly  prized in rl  for    decorative furniture and stuff.:D   .also sheep for   wool .. yarn and cloth ... and   chickens!   .for  eggs and    food ...B|

• Like 2

On 8/29/2018 at 2:13 PM, Squigglys said:

Vision gives the player a torch light in the dark (without the necessity of wearing a head torch helmet).

This could also be a suggestion for a new potion.  Magic dust + Carrots = Night Vision.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, kimbuck said:

I would like to see more tree variety... like   flowering   and  fruiting  peach /  apple / trees...and also  decorative  flowering trees  like  jacarandas.. etc that  go through a  flowering    deciduous  cycle ..besides  jacaranda  wood    is  cedar,  and  highly  prized in rl  for    decorative furniture and stuff.:D   .also sheep for   wool .. yarn and cloth ... and   chickens!   .for  eggs and    food ...B|

10 hours ago, Indomitus said:

This could also be a suggestion for a new potion.  Magic dust + Carrots = Night Vision.

These are exactly the types of comments I was hoping for guys! Keep them coming they're both awesome

I'd definitely buy into having Capes, robes, hoods etc.

Maybe they could be introduced with similar physics to flags. A wind blown cape would look heroic! ?