Sign in to follow this  
Chromedome2

C'mon Bohemia you can't have your cake and eat it too!

Having purchased and built the official Ylands Blueprint called "Workspace" I felt inspired by the design of it and wanted to create a bunch of other buildings using the same shapes. I tried to make a composite of just the parts I wanted to use and I was immediately met with the big red letter restriction ...Something to the effect that you cannot make a composition from decorations or premium blueprints. Well, now Bohemia, Since that there "premium" Blueprint of your's was evidently added to the game to show off what could be accomplished in the editor and I have yet to find any way whatsoever to duplicate those same effects in the same editor why don't you enlighten us all as to how we're supposed to create perfect circular building designs like the one we see in "Workspace".  You sell us the game and the "Premium" added content and then you restrict us from using that content to create the things we're supposed to be able to create for our entertainment in the game. 

Build your own.  A little practice and experimenting and you'll figure it out.

Here's a start for you:

1.  Place the object.  Stone block, log, brick, whatever.  (You can do this with multiple objects as well.)

2.  Place a Reference Point (Game Logic) at the point you want to be the "center" of your circle or curve.

3.  Select the object, then select the Reference Point.  By selecting it last, it becomes the centerpoint for the rotation.

4.  Make sure ROTATE is selected

5.  Press CTRL+D to duplicate

6.  Press and hold "V" to free rotate, or to rotate by something other than 90 degrees (you can also set 45, 15, 5)

7.  Rotate the object to the angle you want it.

8.  Lather, rinse, repeat until you have the full shape you want.  Delete the Reference Points when you're done.

For reference, go check out 2 compositions I submitted:

https://workshop.ylands.com/asset/582

https://workshop.ylands.com/asset/580

Both were built by me, in the standard editor.  If I can do it, you can do it.

Get creative.  Try building an arch then standing it up (like the wooden building).  Try rotating in multiple directions.

Learn first.  Complain later.

Edited by Indomitus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You can see here two ways to do it, they are done with the previous version but you can get an idea, the second video was for Miself so ignore the name, and forgive my English level:P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/30/2018 at 9:20 PM, Indomitus said:

Build your own.  A little practice and experimenting and you'll figure it out.

Here's a start for you:

1.  Place the object.  Stone block, log, brick, whatever.  (You can do this with multiple objects as well.)

2.  Place a Reference Point (Game Logic) at the point you want to be the "center" of your circle or curve.

3.  Select the object, then select the Reference Point.  By selecting it last, it becomes the centerpoint for the rotation.

4.  Make sure ROTATE is selected

5.  Press CTRL+D to duplicate

6.  Press and hold "V" to free rotate, or to rotate by something other than 90 degrees (you can also set 45, 15, 5)

7.  Rotate the object to the angle you want it.

8.  Lather, rinse, repeat until you have the full shape you want.  Delete the Reference Points when you're done.

For reference, go check out 2 compositions I submitted:

https://workshop.ylands.com/asset/582

https://workshop.ylands.com/asset/580

Both were built by me, in the standard editor.  If I can do it, you can do it.

Get creative.  Try building an arch then standing it up (like the wooden building).  Try rotating in multiple directions.

Learn first.  Complain later.

CTRL+D to duplicate is a pretty nifty shortcut I didn't even know existed. Do you know of a shortcut to delete all those Reference Points when you finally do get the shape you want? I had a ton of reference points in this balloon when I finished and deleting them one at a time was a pain in the ass!

20181007162000_1.jpg

• Like 2

you can use the logic as a point of reference, it will be easier to eliminate it;)

• Like 1

The current easiest way to delete all the extra reference points:

Along the top look for this icon:  logic_icon.png.32d9cb39734aa293777810bbcb4618b7.png

When you click it, the Editor will open a list of all Game Logic items that are in your scene.  You can find all the extra Reference Points in that list.  Click on each one in the list, and press DELETE.

It is still only one at a time, but easier to select them that way instead of trying to click around the objects you want to keep.  I try to delete any that are not needed as I work, so there's not as much cleanup at the end.

On 10/18/2018 at 12:29 PM, bb cakes_P1 said:

That balloon is pretty cool.

As a Blueprint which didn't include all the poles, I was making 1600 cloth an hour to build it but it proved to be too much for the server and I broke it.  We had to abandon Season 10a, on Stout Crusher's server and begin anew with Season 10b in which he liked that balloon so much that he downloaded the comp and placed it at Spawn! Now, that Stout Crusher is a cool admin!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

I'd love to visit. Where can a girl get the password?

I sent you a Message.

• Thanks 1