Sign in to follow this  
Monsie

Looking for a cheap "gaming" laptop, need suggestions!

Hi folks,
I know this question has been asked many times, but I can't find a targeted answer.
My old laptop is due for replacement. I also want a gaming rig. So, I've decided that I only want to spend money once and get a laptop that can double as a decent machine for both gaming and work.

Here's what I want: i7, 16 GB of RAM, 6GB GTX 1060, and at least 1 TB HDD. SSD would be nice, but not a show stopper.

The options, that I can think of are the ASUS RoG machines, MSI, and Lenovo's Legion machines. Not sure which is best. I'm also trying to stick to a R20K-ish budget, which I know is optimistic, but I'm hoping something good comes up on Black Friday.

Any suggestions on the specs/manufactures that I have in mind? Any retailers to consider/avoid?

Alternatively, you can refer to the laptop described in this article and tell me which one is the best. I am really confused. https://pc4u.org/best-cheap-gaming-laptop/

Cheers.

Edited by Monsie

Honestly, I always find laptops die much faster and preform much worse than desktops. Desktops have more room to breath and therefore everything preforms better and lasts longer. 

For this reason I dont buy laptops and dont know. 

I totally agree with RedEagle.  The i7 and the 1060 together are going to create a lot of heat.  If you MUST have a laptop, I would look into an external Graphics card, preferably thru USB-C, or m.2 ultra.  Thermal throttling will become a thing quickly.  The i7 may also be too much.  Gaming, from my experience, is hindered by the i7.  Just my opinion of course.  Just make sure to get a decent fan base for it, what ever you decide.

Hi, I would like to clarify, are you interested in completely new models, or will it be used? For example, I myself sit at the HP laptop, it is not new, I bought it much cheaper due to the fact that there was an almost imperceptible scratch on the screen. This is if you want to save. I advise any model of HP, but it is better not from Envi - they overheat greatly.

Edited by lisker
mistake