Sign in to follow this  
bojo2736

Crafting problems

Question

I haven't played without the cube in a long time.  For our new map (new map coming this week!!!!) I am playing as a civilian.  No cube.  In trying to build I see that nothing has been changed in the standard in game crafting menu.  Well, no.  The animations have been take away so you can't tell what you are actually crafting if you are trying to make blocks and building pieces.   Honestly, this is insane.  And it makes no sense that the cube menu is so different than the standard crafting menu.  Did you guys reinvent the wheel just for fun?  

I wasted supplies and time, not to mention nearly dying getting the supplies, only to realize I crafted blocks that I will never use.  

Also, when I tried to repair a broken chisel it took 9 repair kits. Why?  It's cheaper to just make new chisels.

No wonder new players rage quit.

• Downvote 1

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

On 5/11/2018 at 5:34 PM, bb cakes_P1 said:

Also, when I tried to repair a broken chisel it took 9 repair kits. Why?  It's cheaper to just make new chisels.

Well this happens because the chisel has a lot of HP and the repair kit only repairs a small amount (so yes, at this point it is easier to create a new one...). We might adjust the repair system at some point though :)

On 11/5/2018 at 11:34 AM, bb cakes_P1 said:

But because it's much higher HP total, you don't have to repair it all the way to Pristine.  Just get it to "Used" and it will last a while.

Another issue that seems like it has been a thing sonce the GUI change. Lets say I'm crafting the bolt arrow.  I run out of one of the items. So it switches the item being crafted to the next thing you can make. I ended up with 6 feather headbands. I wanted no feather headbands. It also frequently does it when i am making cloth. When it runs out of yarn, it switches to one of the rugs and uses the cloth i was making to make loads of rugs i didnt want. It used to just stop when you ran out of some of the elements needed. 

We need a cancel option on the crafting stations.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

Another issue that seems like it has been a thing sonce the GUI change. Lets say I'm crafting the bolt arrow.  I run out of one of the items. So it switches the item being crafted to the next thing you can make. I ended up with 6 feather headbands. I wanted no feather headbands. It also frequently does it when i am making cloth. When it runs out of yarn, it switches to one of the rugs and uses the cloth i was making to make loads of rugs i didnt want. It used to just stop when you ran out of some of the elements needed. 

The crafting menus jump around and change like that all the time! So, no matter how fast you try to be in getting a lot of stuff crafted it's better to queue items up much slower so that you don't end up crafting a ton of stuff you don't want, won't need, and will probably never use.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

Or possibly even a confirm.

Or...  How about a middle section where we first drag the item we want to craft, it shows the ingredients, and we confirm it from there, once or multiple times.  That would still allow the speed of doing large amounts of crafting (like smelting a big stack of Iron or Copper) but prevent accidental clicking of items we don't want.  Especially if the workstation remembers what was last staged in that middle section even if we leave and come back, and doesn't change it to something else if we run out of materials.

Edited by Indomitus

No to which one?  There are two there.  One obviously sucks and was just kidding, and the other is not far from what we already have.

A cancel button would be nice, but if we have only that, then I guarantee that eventually this forum would be flooded with complaints about having to use it so much.  The core UI problem needs to be solved.

3 hours ago, Indomitus said:

No to which one?  There are two there.  One obviously sucks and was just kidding, and the other is not far from what we already have.

A cancel button would be nice, but if we have only that, then I guarantee that eventually this forum would be flooded with complaints about having to use it so much.  The core UI problem needs to be solved.

" Core UI" is right. But it's also the icons in the crafting menus. The way they have it now there are missing blocks and/or icons. And there are duplicates of others. If you're crafting from your inventory finding exactly what you want to craft is nearly impossible! Things so poorly organized that you'll often find XL blocks under the "S" blocks icon. What we need is a " Craft All" button so that when we do finally find what it is that we want to craft we can simply craft them until we run out of materials.