Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

Object Palettes in Editor

Question

The idea of having items marked as Favorites is not a new suggestion at all, I know.  In fact, the old UI had a little bit of that to work with, and hopefully there are plans to reintroduce some of it.

The idea I want to suggest is the ability to have named groups within our favorites, essentially "palettes" of objects that we can open and use.  We would be able to add individual items to the group, and an item could be listed in multiple groups.  It could be any objects from everything we have available, whether it's building blocks, decorations, weapons, or animals.  This would allow us to figure out a specific look or style, and be able to access the components for that style quickly and easily.  We could set up a palette for a building, or for an entire scenario.  And we would be able to save the palettes in a way that we can access them from any scenario (and maybe even in Explore mode, once the item recipes are unlocked).

If we could save multiple variations of a single object, that would be even better.  Such as having a few color variations on the same Brick Block in a single palette.  For that, I guess, we would need to be able to add it from the scene, or edit the properties within the palette, or both.

• Upvote 4

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

I would also like to see a way to group blue prints and compositions. A subfile sytem maybe?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Something along those lines.  Yes, the more flexible it is, the better.  Being able to use it to create a custom logic library, for example, could be nice for creators.

But honestly, 50 custom blueprints is a bit low don't you think? We creators /builders are always coming up with new stuff and once we reach our limit we have to delete some to make room for the new ones. There should be no limit on how many custom Blueprints a person can have. It's not like the limit is going to improve the way the game runs is it?

you don't have to delete.  you can just put them in another folder and bring them out when you want to use them.  

I just wish they worked.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

you don't have to delete.  you can just put them in another folder and bring them out when you want to use them.  

I just wish they worked.

When you're in the game trying to make a Blueprint and it won't let you because you've already reached your max... There shouldn't be a Max... There should be no limit at all. I don't want to exit the game to search for where the Blueprints are stored then make a copy of it and have loose copies of Ylands folders all over my PC before long.

Hi. We plan to allow group set of composition to one pack. You will be able to share them in workshop as one file.