Craig Burkey Jr

Crossbow now nearly useless

Question

The first weapon that I have always made is a Crossbow.  To say I was deadly accurate with it is an understatement.  Once I had the crossbow, I felt invincible.  I was so good, I could hit moving targets from several hundred feet away...

And now...Now I just used 15 bolts to kill one panther, that was less than 50 feet away.  I was never quite sure whether I had hit him, however, I am quite sure that the bolts were not at all flying where they used to, in relation to where the crosshairs are.  It is not too harsh to say that the crossbow has been ruined.

Still love this game, but wow, did that ever lower my chances of survival!!!

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi!

Which crossbow did you use? Nothing was done to crossbows in this update.

I've just now tried a wooden crossbow and the bolt lands inside the crosshair and a panther died in 3 hits.

Just last night, I saw an issue with the iron bow's targeting being off.  This is in a brand new local Explore game, started right after the update.  I was standing still, aiming at a wolf that was sleeping, not far away.  My aim with a bow is quite good.  In fact, I can easily hit targets 2x or 3x that distance.  But the impact animation was several meters to the right of my target for several shots, and the wolf didn't wake up as it would for a near miss.

This was not the case for every shot.  I had just finished hunting several other wolves with my bow, and it was very accurate for them.  It was only a few shots.