Sign in to follow this  
RedEagle_P1.

Hit without hurt

Not long ago I went through some tough health issues where my life was in danger. I just survived and it really changed my perspective on life. During that time I decided I want to use my short time on earth to build people up and I also renounced violence of even the slightest kind in entertainment. 

I want to create games where combat is possible without the concept of death/hurt or violence. Some sort of way of tracking hits without hurt would be a game-changer for our ability to make games. 

It is possible to track On Damage event on players using Event Listener. So you can revert the damage and store some kind of "hit count" variable in a Entity storage attached to each player.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rudy.cz said:

It is possible to track On Damage event on players using Event Listener. So you can revert the damage and store some kind of "hit count" variable in a Entity storage attached to each player.

@RedEagle_P1. I was not aware of this, this could REALLY help with optimizing my game, fingers crossed.

18 hours ago, Rudy.cz said:

Put all players in a label (i.e On Spawn) and then setup listener like this.

image.png

Will it be possibly to make the targets entities in an array at some point?

Also it would be really nice to have the damage the entity took as a parameter

On 12/1/2018 at 9:03 AM, Oliver Hope_P1 said:

Will it be possibly to make the targets entities in an array at some point?

Also it would be really nice to have the damage the entity took as a parameter

1) That wouldn't be possible unfortunately, Arrays weren't designed that way, you will have to use Entity Label

2) We are currently working on this!