Oliver Hope

Incorrect error with despawn entity [Solved]

Hey 

maybe iv just done something silly here but ive done a bunch of testing and it seems to be a ylands bug 

Ylands_181203_210324.thumb.png.193ba41c9cd863252feab7aea306e7fa.png

In this code the item 2 should be despawned if it is of type smoke bomb however when running it i get an error saying the argument for despawn entity is wrong , it says the argument is non however i know that it is an entity . it wouldnt run if it wasnt the second despawn entity doesnt seam to give problems unless the programming is breaking because there was an error

THIEVES_VS_SECURITY_V6.7.zip

EDIT: I noticed that this is happening in other places where i am despawning items in a for each loop

Edited by Oliver Hope_P1

Everything is correct in this script and the trigger Restock TZ worked for me. Is there a way to reproduce this?

Note: Also I have noticed that you have 2 Triggers with same script, it is more effective to create one Custom instruction with same functionality in Global storage and call it from each trigger.

2 hours ago, Rudy.cz said:

Everything is correct in this script and the trigger Restock TZ worked for me. Is there a way to reproduce this?

Note: Also I have noticed that you have 2 Triggers with same script, it is more effective to create one Custom instruction with same functionality in Global storage and call it from each trigger.

It only seems to cause a problem when you don’t have a smoke bomb in your inventory, and yes I should make a global function ?

On 12/4/2018 at 12:27 PM, Rudy.cz said:

@Rudy.cz i recorded a video of the problem

output_log_game.txt

as you can see in the output log im having the same error in other places

Edited by Oliver Hope_P1

Hi, problem is that you try to despawn same entity twice in one frame. First in Restock TZ and then in Smoke grenade throw Event listener.

Edit: game should be able to handle this in better way. Just note that we do not think that currect behaviour is OK. :)

4 hours ago, Houp said:

Hi, problem is that you try to despawn same entity twice in one frame. First in Restock TZ and then in Smoke grenade throw Event listener.

Edit: game should be able to handle this in better way. Just note that we do not think that currect behaviour is OK. :)

OHHHH! thanks so much that was silly of me ill try find a way to fix it and see if i was doing a similar thing in the other places i had the problem

Edit: I just relized that the other place i had the problem is the same situation 

Edited by Oliver Hope_P1