Sign in to follow this  
RedEagle_P1.

Hytale - Ylands biggest competitor?

So I just bumped into this

It's a game similar to Minecraft but with scripting, modding, movie creation and more. 

This game has BLOWN up since its recent trailer and has been covered by everyone in the Minecraft scene. The trailer alone has 14 million views. 3 million more than yesterday. No doubt this game will be a juggernaut.

What are your thoughts? It's so similar to the space Ylands is trying to take on I am admittedly a bit worried. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

The graphics/gameplay/etc are amazing however its still part of the "Minecraft" genre which is already saturated with things like Cube world.

Ylands has more dynamic building, beauty and overall a bit more realism which is really important since (not trying to sound sexist) it generally appeals to the female audience of video games (ex: Sims)

Ylands is still in a favourable spot with a very unique core identity. If it can keep its core while still improving I'm sure it's players won't leave.

Tl:dr This is just another Minecraft game.

57 minutes ago, Igor Q. said:

The graphics/gameplay/etc are amazing however its still part of the "Minecraft" genre which is already saturated with things like Cube world.

Ylands has more dynamic building, beauty and overall a bit more realism which is really important since (not trying to sound sexist) it generally appeals to the female audience of video games (ex: Sims)

Ylands is still in a favourable spot with a very unique core identity. If it can keep its core while still improving I'm sure it's players won't leave.

Tl:dr This is just another Minecraft game.

I can say that I like Ylands much better for its graphics and realism and also lack of textures. I am not a fan of what I see both in MC and Hytale graphics-wise. However, I do fear its popularity in such a similar niche will be a challenge to Ylands. The ability to make your own games, movies and animations seems really attractive and knowing Hypixel they will support the creator community. 

QUOTE: 

"MODELLING AND ANIMATION TOOLS

Hytale ships with Hytale Model Maker, a spectacular suite of browser-based 3D modelling, texturing, and animation tools. Collaborate with others in real time, customize characters and items, and import your work directly into Hytale."

Wait and see I guess is the game. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.