Oliver Hope

Being able to set a default data type for custom paramters

Question

I think it would be really cool that when we are making an instructions that we can set a default data type of the paramaters so that when we call them it is easier to insert data in.

So for an example an instruction could look like this when we pull it out:

Ylands_190116_182557.thumb.png.2aeafab033ad9926246e445d74b6c7ee.png

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Do you mean similarly to when you have to assign a variable to a value type at game start to prevent bugs?

1 minute ago, Igor Q. said:

Do you mean similarly to when you have to assign a variable to a value type at game start to prevent bugs?

Not quite. when you are your typing in text based language then it is easy to put parameters in because you just type in eg 5, x or whatever your parameter is, but in visual scripting it can be anoying to drag in your variable type and then edit it. in this case you have to go to strings pic the empty string plug it in and then edit it. it would be much handier if it was already there when you dragged your instruction in.

18 minutes ago, Igor Q. said:

Imo seems like a bit unnecessary optimization vs. other problems...

This is the bug/suggestion sub-forum so all suggestions are welcome and the developers will decide if they agree and how much to prioritize it, its not gonna stop me making suggestion:P

What if there was a last set values check?

Like, the last number, color, string etc gets saved on temp. memory and when you try to fill in the next slot it gives you a click option to autofill with last set settings?

2 minutes ago, Igor Q. said:

What if there was a last set values check?

Like, the last number, color, string etc gets saved on temp. memory and when you try to fill in the next slot it gives you a click option to autofill with last set settings?

I feel like my fist sugestion would be ideal