Sign in to follow this  
glubbfreund

Scripting in Survial?

Question

Hello,

would it be possible to allow scripting in survival? Perhaps via a microcontroller block or something similar? 

best regards

Oli

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hey Oli

Currently survival worlds can only be edited using scripts within entities. However iirc patch 0.12 (should be coming VERY soon) will allow you to spawn survival maps alongside game logic scripts.

11 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

Hey Oli

Currently survival worlds can only be edited using scripts within entities. However iirc patch 0.12 (should be coming VERY soon) will allow you to spawn survival maps alongside game logic scripts.

thank you for the information! Im a little bit confused, can I allready use scripts in survival? Sorry im confused with the game modes and some just doesnt work for me atm(empty menus). 

Yes you just have to load your survival map in the editor and add every logic you want. After that load in Survival and everything you add will be their ;D

51 minutes ago, Bob Salvador said:

Yes you just have to load your survival map in the editor and add every logic you want. After that load in Survival and everything you add will be their ;D

Can't add logic objects to an Explore Mode map.  You can add script to entities in the scene, but you can't add any logic objects.  Also can't import any entities that already have logic in them.  The Editor will specifically remove the script from it.

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2019 at 2:11 PM, Indomitus said:

Can't add logic objects to an Explore Mode map.  You can add script to entities in the scene, but you can't add any logic objects.  Also can't import any entities that already have logic in them.  The Editor will specifically remove the script from it.

I will try that, thank you! :)