Sign in to follow this  
glubbfreund

Only ignots in unlit smelting furnance

Question

Hi,

iam trying to craft a energy workbench in my explore/survival world. I have planks, nails,  hammer and a magnifying glass. Last thing I need is the soldering iron. I cant craft the copper wire or steel rod in the unlit smelting furnance. The receipt isnt visible but I got all needed things for both items. I restarted the game serveral times but the Items dont appear in the furnance. Any suggestion? What can I do? Thanks in advance. 

Greetz Oli

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

unlit smelting furnance = Schmelzofen (german)

20190309231754_1.jpg

20190309231721_1.jpg

20190309231746_1.jpg

Edited by glubbfreund

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Copper wire and steel rod are made in the Foundry workstation.  My German is very bad, but Google says this translates to "die Gießerei".  It seems it is telling you to use the wrong station.

Perhaps the game translation is incorrect?

Edited by Indomitus

55 minutes ago, Indomitus said:

Copper wire and steel rod are made in the Foundry workstation.  My German is very bad, but Google says this translates to "die Gießerei".  It seems it is telling you to use the wrong station.

Perhaps the game translation is incorrect?

that was exactly my issue, I didnt know that I need the "Gießerei" (your translation is correct) for that components. Thank you :)!!

So from what I understand, the translation is wrong? What would be the exact term?

2 minutes ago, Ane said:

So from what I understand, the translation is wrong? What would be the exact term?

yes. Instead of "Schmelzofen", it should be "Gießerei". I take a look in the evening and list you the affected items. 

Alright, thanks a lot! I'll notify the German translator right away :)

I checked the translation error. In the german translation, all objects that you can craft in the foundry (in german Gießerei) indicate that you need the smelting furnance (in german Schmelzofen) to craft it. So you just have to correct all Items from the foundry and say that they need the "Gießerei" instead of the "Schmelzofen". I hope its ok if I dont create a complete list of that affected items. 

You can see the inventory screenshot of the crafting station "foundry" (Gießerei) in the screenshot, there is the german text "Braucht: Schmelzofen" (in english "needs: smelting furnance") and it should be "Braucht: Gießerei". I took screenshots of the Gießerei and the Schmelzofen with the text labels. I hope I can help you with that informations. 

20190311184248_1.jpg

20190311184230_1.jpg

20190311184240_1.jpg

Edited by glubbfreund
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a bunch! That's very useful :)