siegeholm

Hello Everyone, can I get a TL;DR on Ylands?

Hello everybody! I just stumbled into this forum software while Googling a game I was(at the moment) really interested in and apparently this game is Open-Access on Steam.

I wanted to get a TL;DR on what this game is about, like the genre, gameplay style etc., so I can hang out with everybody here-- probably make a few friends too.

Much appreciated!! ❤️

It's similar to minecraft in that it's a sandbox oriented game with exploring survival elements. However there are more features such as building new equipment, different types of building blocks and much more possibility to building custom designs without being restricted to the block-to-block requirements s like the sims, or minecraft would have. Additionally the in-built editor has a set of pretty powerful functions so making custom games like the ones from Warcraft 3 are entirely possible.

Hope to see you in game! -Igor

I will try to describe it on the four main game modes there are here:

Explore - Very similar to Minecraft here but in lowpoly. You have a few deserted islands on one of which you're going to spawn. Then you work your way from basic tools, materials, and workstations to advanced technologies. You get to explore the cave system, build your house, make yourself a big ship and map the different islands with different bioms. Quite a few people enjoy playing this gamemode with their friends.

Nicely done nature, different on various islands and not just visually. A lot of different items to your liking, both tools and decorations for your future home.

Create - Basic creative mode. Flying, no damage and all assets available.

Editor - Here's the true magic of Ylands (even though I prefer singleplayer Explore of them all). Create your own games in the Editor using both all the assets from the game and the easy-to-learn, hard-to-master visual scripting. @Igor Q. made some nice compositions out of this system here - you can read the descriptions to see what is possible.

Custom games - After you are happy with your created game, you can, of course, share it with others. And that's where Ylands is headed - Create and play! Right now, there's an ongoing competition for game creators inside the Editor. Go and take a look :) The games presented there are rather simple but in the future, you could possibly make a big RPG or adventure game in Editor. These are some of the more time-invested games here and here .

I hope this helped. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask ;) And enjoy your stay here!

• Like 2

On 4/7/2019 at 3:25 AM, Igor Q. said:

It's similar to minecraft in that it's a sandbox oriented game with exploring survival elements. However there are more features such as building new equipment, different types of building blocks and much more possibility to building custom designs without being restricted to the block-to-block requirements s like the sims, or minecraft would have. Additionally the in-built editor has a set of pretty powerful functions so making custom games like the ones from Warcraft 3 are entirely possible.

Hope to see you in game! -Igor

Sounds awesome, I never played the Sims nor Warcraft 3 personally, but I get the referencing you're making

So it's aiming to be a survival game but with more functionality? Less limits and stuff?

On 4/7/2019 at 5:07 AM, Miguel Preguisa said:

I will try to describe it on the four main game modes there are here:

Explore - Very similar to Minecraft here but in lowpoly. You have a few deserted islands on one of which you're going to spawn. Then you work your way from basic tools, materials, and workstations to advanced technologies. You get to explore the cave system, build your house, make yourself a big ship and map the different islands with different bioms. Quite a few people enjoy playing this gamemode with their friends.

Nicely done nature, different on various islands and not just visually. A lot of different items to your liking, both tools and decorations for your future home.

Create - Basic creative mode. Flying, no damage and all assets available.

Editor - Here's the true magic of Ylands (even though I prefer singleplayer Explore of them all). Create your own games in the Editor using both all the assets from the game and the easy-to-learn, hard-to-master visual scripting. @Igor Q. made some nice compositions out of this system here - you can read the descriptions to see what is possible.

Custom games - After you are happy with your created game, you can, of course, share it with others. And that's where Ylands is headed - Create and play! Right now, there's an ongoing competition for game creators inside the Editor. Go and take a look :) The games presented there are rather simple but in the future, you could possibly make a big RPG or adventure game in Editor. These are some of the more time-invested games here and here .

I hope this helped. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask ;) And enjoy your stay here!

Ooh sounds fancy. Does this game currently have a wiki where I can check out the stuff I can mess with in the Create mode?

Its a survival game, but with enough mods that you can make any kind of game out of it, such as a racing game, a shooting game, a hide and seek game, etc.

The game has a wiki but its not very useful unless you are checking for certain materials or crafting recipes.

You can add me on discord

Igor Q.#4053

if you are ever interested in hanging out or need help with the editor ?