Sign in to follow this  
zarwil

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-16313] Move/Rotate widgets not working correctly on ships in editor

Question

I posted this elsewhere and it was recognized but I decided to post an official bug report because this makes the editor unusable for me.

Originally this bug only affected ships that were created before the update, but now I just found out that ships created after the update can be bugged as well (this is what prompted this post).

When I try to change the position of any block that is part of the ship with the Move widget the inputs are ignored and the object behind the x/y/z controls is selected instead. If you position the camera so that no block is directly behind the controls a green square is drawn indicating that the Select widget is active instead of the Move widget. When I use the rotation widget the block is both rotated AND moved at the same time, like if the selection widget was dragging the item at the same time as it is rotated. I tried to build a new ship from scratch to avoid these bugs, but after a few hours the editor froze. After I saved and restarted the game I found that the new ship was bugged as well. 

The bug is tied to specific ships and remains if you save it as a composition so I have provided the composition file of the ship that just got bugged. If this bug does not appear on your end then I guess my PC has created a unique bug because I don't see anyone else mentioning this :/

Hopefully this can be resolved soon because the game is unplayable for me if I can't build ships in the editor :(

SMALL SHIP BUGGED.rar

0 replies to this bug / suggestion

No replies to this bug / suggestion