Deadeye_Rob

Scrolls (Sealed Notes)

Question

Hi guys!

Some of you may have seen my previous suggestion regarding Craftable Player-Written books.

I'm a player who very much enjoys writing notes as both guides and to put on a 'notice board' outside my house. I think the concept of writing in Ylands is one that can be taken further.

My suggestion is that once a Written Note has been prepared, it can be locked and sealed as a Scroll.

This does a number of things:

1) Editing of the note is disabled.

2) If enabled, the author may choose who is authorised to open and read the scroll.

The mechanic to Seal a note in to a Scroll would be simple. All a player needs to do is possess something to seal it, such as a Rope of Resin.

If implemented I think this would be little gem of a feature that would really enhance the Ylands experience, especially in Explore mode!

Give me an upvote if you like the idea! I'd love to hear your feedback also. To the Devs, let me know if this is a viable feature in the games coding. ?

Thanks guys!

Rob

• Upvote 2

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

Nice idea! I'm all up for customized books, scrolls and anything like this. Paintings maybe? 

We would have to get "on read scroll" in the Editor. That would make a number of magical games possible :D

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1