Sign in to follow this  
forestwa

Inventory Containers, broken tools and UI while repairing these

Question

Hello fellow Ylanders,

we recently started playing again via Sharegames and beside the issues with the ships and the rafts we have the problem that we cant really work with the inventory containers like the seed box etc.

While browsing inside the container the interface will flip to the surrounding window and back. Often so fast that we dont have a chance so take seeds out of the box. The only solution is to set the box on the ground, take the seed out and take the box back to the inventory. I dont think it is intended to work like this :)

Broken Tools & UI

Also the suggestion to bring back the status from the tools (Worn, used, damaged, etc.) and repair option between perfect and broken

Example:

I want to craft planks

*Craft all planks we can*
- Saw breaks after 2x
- Repair
*craft some more planks*

later i want so craft some pier- parts

*craft all*
- Saw breaks after 4x
- Repair saw
*craft all*
- hammer breaks after 2x

sometimes its a bit frustrating and i think if we could repair the tools before crafting or see the status/condition  it would be easier to calculate und to craft a bunch of material without having to pause after 2 times to repair the stuff
- Also atm the Crafting Interface "recently crafted" is kinda bugged. So after repairing you have to search your parts to craft again which adds some more frustration when you want to craft a lot of stuff a once.

This brings me to my last Suggestions:

1. After repairing tools the repair-button disappears and the mouse is over the destroy-button.*
So if ppl are a bit fast clicking the repair-button or are still used to have to repair multiple times, they destroy their tool with the second click.

2. Bring back Dismantle-button.
when i have some pier plates left it would be cool to get at least some planks and maybe a nail or something back.
while breaking stuff we get the lowest material back and thats ok bcs we break it.

If my suggestion is crap bcs the part is already working as intended please tell me :)

Greeting,

• Upvote 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Yeah, the repair thing is a pain in the patootie.  Some things take a lot of repair kits.  It's hard to know even how many you need.

• Downvote 1

I would like to see the return of item conditions (pristine, used, worn, broken) and the ability to repair it even if it's not fully broken.  (Hey, they're my repair kits, I'll waste them if I want to.)  It can be kind of dangerous if you've been building something, but then you have to fight a predator, and can't even tell that your hammer is only 1 hit away from breaking.

As far as break or dismantle, I would at least like to see some kind of listing of what the action will give me.  For plants, it would show grass and the seeds.  But what do I get if I break an iron hammer?  Or if I break a stone chunk?  Most of us have been playing a while and have some idea, but new players will have no clue what those buttons do.

(And if the button breaks the entire stack it should say "Break All" not just "Break".  If it does something different, it should say something different.)

I think it's been mentioned a few times before, but yes the crafting menus are not sorting correctly at all right now, which is very annoying.