kimbuck

General Weirdness ..

Question

Ok   2 sets of  logs attached .. 

1)  ship  sailing lag ... the ship would stop dead in the water although wake and other  graphics   were moving  .. just no  froward  movement of  ship ..its  intermittent ,  more so  near land.

2) Crazy sails!    The  ship has 4 sets ...  in mid ocean  suddenly  3 of them  furled up with no  input  fro   the   sailor ...ships  speed   didn't change...  selecting s  furled the remaining unfurled  one up and the  other 3  unfurled to half setting!... s  again   furled them all up ... w   then reset them all unfurled ..

3) sometimes the  above  happened when ship was moored in bay with anchor  down ...   could it be the ghost of Davey Jones trying to steal my ship ?  :)   ( there was no one else on line)

4) i was overtaken by another ship at full speed ... the  player was offline!..yet ship sailing  on...luckily it  beached itself on a nearby  island .. I saw another ship had suffered the same  fate.. the player  scanning the  horizon while  beached ..and offline

5) Assembly of   ship ...   pressed  E and the   bang thump bang went on for  5  minutes .. with yellow  lines indicating it was doing something.  I  logged out to  menu screen   3 times  and back ...  3rd  time seemed to  break the loop and it worked.

6)  digging ...  was ineffective ...   Snow   whites  7  dwarfs would have  more luck!   A server  restart fixed  it

7) unable to place   objects ...    they simply  did not appear ..  or refused to be placed ...again a server  restart fixed it.

8 ) Rubber banding ... both in  flight  and  running  and  especially   in caves.    It  was intermittent and   te  no. on line made no difference    

logs  for   2  sessions  attached ... 1st ia older  session .. 2nd  is the latest.

Overall the game  has   had a great improvement...  ?

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Had the  sails  "up   down and whatever"    thing   happen   again... could be  another ship in the area   interfering  with  their operation? Couldn't  get  logs  as  (surprise ha!) the  game   hung at log out ...and  screenshot and  stuff were not  saved  as  ylands crashed ..after a  5 minutes   hiatus  at the    wheelie  screen

All today ...when i managed to log  on ...it takes a minimum time of  5 and a half  minutes ---   and after logging in   3 times now i find  myself  underwater under the place i logged out from.

There  also have been several reports  in game of players  falling through the earth  ( again?) ..i asked  them in chat to send feedback, but its apparent  they do not  bother anymore....just accept it as part of the  way Ylands  works,

After spending another 5 and a half  minutes of  logging in,   1 minute retrieving  data ....2 minutes unpacking  data ,  and the other 2 and a half minutes  recalling  buildings  etc,  i  once again found myself  under water  under the building i  logged out inside.

game was still jerky with intermittent  lag ...only one other person on line in the game.

This was so predictable now  i took a screenshot  before i logged out  ( and experienced a  4  minute  log out cycle) ...    and a  screenshot on  after i logged  back in. ( after a  5 and a half minute wait)

Log files  included should  you  care to look at them 

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

20190908203625_1.jpg

20190908203302_1.jpg

It would really help, if you just copy-pasted these issues into separate topics, so we can issue a number for each and then follow its progress more easily.