Deadeye_Rob

Fallout New Vegas: Atomic Vending Machine (Sierra Madre DLC)

Hi guys!

If you've been keeping a watchful eye on my previous updates you might have noticed an obvious clue in some of the screenshots I've been uploading you might notice some familiar architecture that wouldn't be out of place in everyones favourite post-apocalyptic simulators like fallout :P . Here's a little taste as to what I've been working on.

Ylanders, I give you the next step in vending machine technology! Directly designed from the Fallout New Vegas games; The Sierra Madre Vending Machines!

20190929194244_1.jpg.cb7838e28e84a18f6d452ecfbaedcdd5.jpg20190929194253_1.jpg.419d6241636428d4920c02dda3c6bb19.jpg

Image result for fallout sierra madre vending machine

*Sierra Madre Vending machine design in comparison to the machines found in Fallout: New Vegas -Dead Money DLC

The design is visually appealing enough for me to give you an early teaser. I really like how it turned out.

According to Fallout Lore, the vending machines were a prototype design that would only accept a specific type of Currency Chip. The chips themselves were made of an atomic-level alloy of materials which the vending machine would break down and recombine to produce whatever was available in its memory banks. Users could exchange chips for cigarettes, clothes and even ammunition if the correct security codes were uploaded.

All the user had to do was select a product as shown in the holographic halo display, pay the correct chips and the machine would fabricate it in a matter of minutes!

I'm a little way off writing the script to make the machine work but not to worry people! We at Flintlock Futuristics are working tirelessly to bring this amazing product to your streets soon!

Enjoy!

Rob. 

• Like 5

On 9/30/2019 at 9:31 PM, RedEagle_P1. said:

What does it do? 

If you've played Fallout: New Vegas (specifically the Dead Money DLC) you'll understand that it is essentially an advanced fabricator machine.

It breaks down special coins used as currency to produce whatever product templates are stored on its database. It can also redeem items back into coins.

I intend to write a series of scripts to bring this marvel into Ylands. A holographic item will appear inside the blue display. Players will have the option to:

• Show next/previous product
  • Buy Product
  • Redeem Product for coins/gold.

Ive not worked out the specifics but I think it would be useful on an explore server or even in a minigame of some sort. 

• Like 1