Antimidation

Recently crafted and food value

Question

I know that there is a rather soft value system in place for food but what if we could get a better visualization of this? Cooked meat is generally accepted as something that keeps you well fed in survival games, but when I slice the meat it becomes almost weaker than some of the smaller foods, like berries, for example. Is there any plan to add a hunger % meter? Are there any plans to add other survival values, like thirst? If so these things need to have more obvious values in place.

The recently crafted option in your craft window is currently bugged, it does not work as it should and this fix would benefit a lot of players if resolved. To get around this, i've used copy and paste on key words for the craft search field. This does not work as well with blocks, though, as they are all named the same exact thing. With more uniquely named items this works perfectly. Please fix the recently crafted option.

Thank you.

Edited by Antimidation

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

14 hours ago, Antimidation said:

The recently crafted option in your craft window is currently bugged,

What's bugged about it? We'll look into it ?

14 hours ago, Antimidation said:

Are there any plans to add other survival values, like thirst?

There are plans to do so after 1.0 and we're looking at different options at indicators (for getting cold too).

On 11/14/2019 at 4:50 AM, Adam Snellgrove said:

What's bugged about it? We'll look into it ?

There are plans to do so after 1.0 and we're looking at different options at indicators (for getting cold too).

The crafting menu in general is not behaving correctly.  The Recently Crafted menu, and the recommended crafting menu both appear completely unsorted.  Both are currently unusable, and have been for quite some time.

And when they are able to work on that, could they please look into a search by ingredients as well?  It would be nice to be able to search for unlocked recipes that a specific resource is used in.

So this will actually change quite a bit in the release, and we'd really appreciate your feedback on the changes when they come. I think some of these issues will be solved by the release update, but it still might not be perfect.

On 11/20/2019 at 4:34 AM, Adam Snellgrove said:

So this will actually change quite a bit in the release, and we'd really appreciate your feedback on the changes when they come. I think some of these issues will be solved by the release update, but it still might not be perfect.

Thank you for the response. Indomitus pointed out exactly what is currently wrong with the recently crafted option. If this has changed completely in 1.0 then that is awesome! 

One more thing. May I suggest that within the inventory window there be an option to click an item and then have an option to remake it if you wanted? This would be in the window with the options of "break, destroy" etc. If that is already in 1.0, please disregard.

Thank again!

• Like 1