Adam Snellgrove

Interview Ynterview #12 - Anne

Every week we'll bring you an Ynterview with a member of our Ylands team. In this week's Ynterview we talk to one of our very talented animators, Anne Lantz! @anne.lantz

Ynterview Anne.png

First off, what do you do here at the Ylands team and what’d you do before you joined?

I am an animator! The other animators and myself are in charge of making the in-game characters and creatures move. Before I joined the Ylands, I was with the ARMA III team, and way before that, I taught 3D Animation and Visual Effects.

How long have you worked on Ylands? What was the 1st thing you worked on when you joined?

I've been on the team for about two and a half years now. I think the first thing I worked on was reworking the Player Character's walk cycle.

What do you find most exciting on Ylands in general?

The players! They have so much creativity, it is always cool to see what they make.

And what is for you the most exciting feature coming in the near future?

I'm the most excited for the game's release. I can't wait to see what kind of creations the players will make!

What are you working on right now?

Currently, I'm working on some more AI animal features. Have you ever seen a crab make a charge attack? Me neither, but we all will soon!

What was the most difficult thing to implement to date?

I'd have to say the new horse animations and its controls. On the animation side, it was done a while back, but we simply didn't have the resources available to make it functional in the game yet. But we have it now and it is fantastic!

Who’s Major and why is he the cutest?

Major is the best-est, handsome-est, sweetest, smartest, and most perfect puppy that has ever existed. I mean just look at him and his big nose and ears and feet.

What do you do in your free time?

Besides playing with my dog, I like to go on hikes when the weather is nice. Otherwise, I enjoy relaxing with a good book, movie, or game (currently Death Stranding). I am also one of those crazy people who enjoy what they do, and also animate in my free time.

Who would win in a fight between the Teletubbies, the cast of Sesame Street, Barney & Friends and Johnny Bravo? Why?

While these are all good contenders, my money is on Earl Sinclair from Dinosaurs.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

Please tell me we will be getting dogs!

Aleš says sometime in 2020, but he can't be more specific unfortunately. But it is something we are actively trying to make happen.