KinaUndead

Possibility for throwable javelin?

Question

I think it would be nice to see a throwable javelin as another alternative to early game ranged fighting, as opposed to the bow. I understand the idea that early game ranged is limited by the number of feathers you can harvest, though if you spend awhile farming it really doesn't take long to amass quite a few anyway for your everyday purposes. Adding a javelin would in my opinion add an interesting layer to early game where one could choose to use a javelin as opposed to a bow, with the javelin having a slightly shorter arc than an arrow.. and if just a stick and knife for crafting still seems too easy, possibly make it have to be made with a pole, rope, and flint for the heavy pointed head? Resin would make sense even in the recipe too, and even out the balance a bit more.

Edited by KinaUndead
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

3 hours ago, KinaUndead said:

I think it would be nice to see a throwable javelin as another alternative to early game ranged fighting, as opposed to the bow. I understand the idea that early game ranged is limited by the number of feathers you can harvest, though if you spend awhile farming it really doesn't take long to amass quite a few anyway for your everyday purposes. Adding a javelin would in my opinion add an interesting layer to early game where one could choose to use a javelin as opposed to a bow, with the javelin having a slightly shorter arc than an arrow.. and if just a stick and knife for crafting still seems too easy, possibly make it have to be made with a pole, rope, and flint for the heavy pointed head? Resin would make sense even in the recipe too, and even out the balance a bit more.

That's a cool idea, I'll add it to the suggestions we have for future updates ? Thanks ?

• Upvote 1

I'm definitely up for this suggestion.

Maybe the Devs could consider the idea of a 'Ranger Update' I think Bows, Arrows and Crossbows are in need of a little diversity!

I want to be able to batter my target with an iron arrow instead of just scratch them with a flint one! ?

Maybe even poison tipped arrows? Etc...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

I'm definitely up for this suggestion.

Maybe the Devs could consider the idea of a 'Ranger Update' I think Bows, Arrows and Crossbows are in need of a little diversity!

I want to be able to batter my target with an iron arrow instead of just scratch them with a flint one! ?

Maybe even poison tipped arrows? Etc...

Oooh, pretty good suggestions, cheers ?