kimbuck

WHY? Do they want us to play Ylands or not?

I am tired of restarting   from  nothing every  2nd  day.   especially after  putting alot of hard work into  trying to play the game

I have  been  looking for  pvte  locked  servers    and  after some tiresome   hunting on  resource  depleted spawn, i  sometimes   make it to an nearby  island to be able to craft  basics  to survive...  then  sail on a raft to a place   to   establish.workstations and craft safely

Other friendly players   work  with me ...we co operate... then we start   collecting the  hard to find resources and slowly  make  our houses etc  griefer resistant  and  craft suitable weapons to explore etc

And  then   what happens?

The  BI  owned servers that  are being rented  shut down with no explanation...  (once it was for maintenance and a hotfix and we were warned)  other times  we find out  when  the  hamster  wheel of  failure  appears on the screen 

But.. when we log back in  ..  the  game has reset ..and we are all back on spawn ..with  just  a  barrier  and  none of the  stuff we had  crafted.  We cannot  check to see if our bases are still there as  spawn now  has nothing   to craft a raft etc   from...  and even so , we have no  keys  to access our   base , if its  still  there

This has happened  to me  4  times  now  since the marvellous  "out of  ea"   update.

Whats  the use of   trying to play a game  where  you cannot progress? .. its not the  players fault ...we don't  shut  down the server and reset it.

Do you want us  to stay with  Ylands and play the game ?   or  are we being  pushed out  so they can concentrate of the  playlands  stuff?

Multiplayer   explore  is not  worth it now.    Some have told me directly  they will not  get the DLC explore  as  they heart  too many negative  reports.   Players   get annoyed with  a game  which  suffers   rubber banding, intermittent freezing and crashes   and constant  being forced to  restart, .   I  have   spent a lot  of  time reporting and sending in crash  logs ... i do every  time  i play! ....  and the result? little has changed.  

This   game  should  not have  come out  of  early  access until they can  at least get it working... not  just the playlands  stuff  but ALL the  aspects of the game.

After  today's    server shut  down and  stuff up  if  am on the  verge of flushing  ylands   down the  toilet.

It is NOT an enjoyable  game  anymore.

• Upvote 2

Ok    a beggar  for  punishment!

Locate   a server that's   locked to keep out  griefers......  the  person in charge  is  known and   trusted ...   he lets me in

Spawn has been depleted  and also  partly   denuded    ... so  i set up a base  and  with the   person in charge's    permission and help,    we fix it up and  make the  game  more playable  ( ie   chests  with  resources   for  beginners)

All is working  smooth and  sweet,   flora and  fauna   thriving ...   players  arrive and  start to  re build.

However   we encounter  several  freezing  episodes where  the game  either locks  up ...or  screen  goes pale  blue and we get dumped out

Going  back through  MP lobby we find the game and   resume  ..and  all  seems ok

Regulars  arrive back and   continue  trying to progress,  some annoyed at the  constant  resets,  but persisting

then the inevitable  happens  ... yes ..   the  blue  screen    and  hamster wheel of   death

this is  in less than  half a day of operation,  and   with only   6   max  players  on line

so   we   try to get back ...we see the  server  name in MP lobby and  click to join....

where do we end up?  on a  public access server that's  all  mixed  up  and  obviously   glitching

..and we all have  nothing in inventory  but the pb ...and  we appear to be  falling in space..

so we log out and try again ...same thing ...  the  original server name  we were on is till there  but we get tossed back to this  glitched  public  server.

so now  you  got  more  players   rather  mad at  what you are offering as  a  MP   explore  game that  honesty  is now a disaster...its  not working !  Its  broken!  Its like monty  python's  dead parrot!

And   it  not  just me saying it.

Its  happened  now  4  times  with me and the other   7  players  from each  crashed game  are just as frustrated as  i am and some of their comments are not  nice. ----  Justifiably  so too considering  whats  happening

thats at least  32  dedicated players  who are angry.

Please listen to RedEagle ..and also your  customer base ... the latter is  shrinking

The game  is not  ready  for  release  from  EA     

if you don't like these comments  ------  these   are   honest comments,  made  in an attempt to see something  done  that will resurrect a  once  good game which initially had promise.

• Upvote 1

So when this happens, we'd really need the output_logs or even better name of server when it goes bad, because otherwise we have no way of finding out, what's going wrong. It could be a hundred different things. The logs will tell us precisely, what happened and we can start fixing it. Thank you for the report.