Sign in to follow this  
Malaka135

Hello

Hello

My in-game name is Malakia. I found out about this game while going through Steam's free to play games one day when I was bored and looking for something new to try. I tried it for a little and I'll be honest, I got bored of the minigames. They just weren't my thing and seem to target a younger audience. Exploration on the other hand.... Let's just say I was up till 5-6am one night because of it. 

A bit about me,

I started PC gaming when I was young, I played games like runescape and club penguin when I was really young. I slowly progressed into bigger games like WoW, Counter-Strike, and eventually I stumbled upon Gmod. Gmod was and still is my favorite game even though I don't really play it anymore. I put in over 4000 hours in Gmod right away and was very interested in Wiremod. I would make the craziest things in random DarkRP servers which would usually get me banned. Around that time I decided to build my first computer since I was using the family's old Dell with a ATI Radeon HD 2400. Upgrading to a GTX 570 at that time was night and day and probably accelerated my love for PC gaming. Fast forward to high school, I got very friendly with my IT staff at my school. I would go hang out with them every lunch period. Senior year they always offered a paid Co-Op IT to a single student. Co-Op at my school meant you left early to go to work, but my work was in the school itself. I learned a lot while working there and they trusted me enough where I literally had full access to everything. When I mean everything....I mean EVERYTHING. I did everything from low level IT work such as Active Directory/Email password resets and replacing toner for printers, to more complicated work such as device enrollment and management. My school was one of those who decided to get into the "iPad for every student" thing and I was in charge of setting up profiles and creating/deploying images. I had access to our servers physically and have had to replace drives and power supplies that failed while I was there. I created our own ethernet cables and had to run cables through the ceilings for new AP devices. Essentially, I did a lot and learned a lot.

After high school, I began working at a bail bond business doing inmate intake on the phones. This was crazy, the kind of people I would talk to and the crazy stories I would have to listen to. Eventually I was recognized as the "IT guy" while working there because I would occasionally fix all their problems. I got moved into their IT department shortly after working there for a while and I currently still work there but we are no longer a bail bonds business. I currently develop and maintenance our proprietary software. I am a developer/programmer whatever you wanna call it. I do full stack ASP.NET C#. For those who don't know what that is. It is basically websites with code. I've done a bit of Windows Forms and made many console apps for simple jobs which are all made in C# as well but my main focus is web. Our original software was made in Access, if you know what that is...you will surely understand that I absolutely hate it.  I've been doing this for the past 5+years. I still find plenty of time to game on my PC when I get home and sometimes game from work when I got nothing else to do.

I usually don't do well when it comes to home projects, I end up not finishing or abandoning ideas very often. My plan is to finally actually make something useful and I think Ylands is a great platform for this. I haven't really messed with game development so the editor is foreign to me and game concepts are a bit confusing. I think I have a decent enough grasp and I am still learning. My goal is to create multiple gamemodes for Ylands to give players some fun games that add a bit of aggressive/chaotic competition. I am currently working on a game which I would like to keep a secret for the moment. Depending on how this one turns out, I plan to recreate a few popular games you guys may be familiar with from Gmod. A few games I am planning to try to recreate into Ylands are TTT, prophunt(if possible), Murder, Flood(if possible), and various other round based games. 

Welcome to game Malaka!
I'll be eagerly waiting for whatever creations you make

If you ever need help with editor, I can give you a helping hand?

welcome to Ylands Malaka135.  . I am also new to the game (although I knew about it in early access) but recently got into the game since it was free on Steam.  My ingame name is TinkerTim.  I like open world games and had hoped my daughter would enjoy playing Ylands in multiplayer, since she is a big Minecraft fan and I am not.  I am loving Ylands except the mini games are more kiddish IMO.   Also, would like to see sharks, seagulls and first person return.   

Welcome!  

You say Gmod, is that Garry's Mod?  I have that. I have no idea what to do with it.