JoannaDark00

Merging two Avatars after Linking BI Account

Question

I've been playing Ylands for awhile but only linked it to my BI account today.  Now it's forcing me to make a new avatar with a different name.  I would like access to my original avatar and name, especially since I am a moderator on the P1 servers and making a new name is confusing.

Please Help!

AnnaBean

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

On 12/30/2019 at 7:18 PM, JoannaDark00 said:

I've been playing Ylands for awhile but only linked it to my BI account today.  Now it's forcing me to make a new avatar with a different name.  I would like access to my original avatar and name, especially since I am a moderator on the P1 servers and making a new name is confusing.

Please Help!

AnnaBean

So these guys can actually help with this and they'll get you back on track: https://support.bohemia.net/

Yeah so I tried submitting a form to them twice and it says error each time.  Hopefully it's just because I am on mobile.  I will try on PC in a bit.  Ridiculous!  I've waited days just to have my message posted here :/

There are many players with this linking issue. Having lost characters, items, games and coins. I have submitted a support request at support@bistudio.com because the form on the web page does not work on PC either.

I haven't heard from support yet. But if they don't come up with a solution soon they will be flooded with support request on the issue, I believe.

Agreed. I had the same issue as soon as I tried linking my account and contacting support through the main website.

The Ylands Steam account should ALWAYS be the priority when linking accounts.

It did not work, so I had to email, not encouraged I will get a timely fix :/ Imadania, how long ago did you email?

Edited by JoannaDark00

On 1/2/2020 at 5:33 PM, JoannaDark00 said:

It did not work, so I had to email, not encouraged I will get a timely fix :/ Imadania, how long ago did you email?

Hi AnnaBean

I sent the support request and got a ticket December 29.. On January 7. I got a response and by January 9. my account had the original  character name and a bit more coins than I have lost - nice.

My sharegames are lost, but I still have my local games though the character is new (with the old name), and the old character are sitting idle in the house!?!

I think Support will do the same for you. But there might be quite a queue of similar cases.

Regards,

Imadana

• Thanks 1