Deadeye_Rob

The Order 1886: A missed opportunity?

Hey guys!

I recently played a The Order 1886, a game that I’ve had for a few years but never played until now. I’m always careful to check game reviews  and I was aware of the poor reputation this title had, so as a consequence I only bought it for pennies!

As someone who spends a lot of time on Ylands I absolutely love Victorian-Sci Fi (Commonly known as Steampunk). So The Order 1886s setting was right up my street!

Its not a title for typical gamers or those seeking an action packed FPS. The Order 1886 is more like an ‘Interactive Move’. The level design, graphics and storyline are absolutely outstanding and immersive. Player input is massively lacking.

When creating assets for Ylands, I have felt a renewed flow of inspiration as a result of playing this title. If you’re a fan of Steampunk, I highly suggest you give this a go!

In the meantime, I will attempt to create my own little set of steampunk builds to bring The Order 1886 into Ylands!

Let me know your thoughts guys! What inspires you when creating in Ylands?

Rob 

990900F3-70F3-41B2-8482-28AB9FAEFDA1.png

86F0324D-702B-4E5A-9EC1-468E7E27E39F.jpeg

Never heard of it. Excellent screenshots, it looks interesting.

I have recently started playing The Long Dark.  It is so hard :)

I loved it. The best way to approach it is not to see it as a game. More as Ann interactive movie!

I love this kind of style, will have to check out the game ? Ylands definitely needs more Steampunk, really looking forward to it and maybe a game set in it? Even maybe a 'walking' game, like Order 1886...

EDIT

It's only PS4 ? Oh well, will have to watch some videos instead.

To be honest, because the gameplay is so basic you’d not be missing anything by watching it on YouTube.