ComR

Game is not even close to finished Beta and you sell it as 1.1???

Hi,

What are you doing? I can understand that you need more time to get rid of bugs and luck of content, but selling the game as it is now it's unfair, don't you think? It's not a big deal for me, I really like Ylands and I'm here almost from the start, but imagine new players, who buy "officially 1.1 version" and... there is no birds anymore, there is no sharks or fish of any kind, water is not working anymore, trading with npcs is broken again and fighting strange creatures also doesn't seem right. Not only that - whole world seems to be smaller than ever and from 5-7 islands we've got, one is "starting island" - empty, always the same and really not needed.

I'm talking about solo, adventure mode of the game, of course.  Why not to state clearly that solo mode game is in alfa, if you are going to do something with it at all? New people will try or see this on YT and abandon the game for good. Why you do this?

You are adding new content again and again, but mostly only, let's face it, skins. Last time you added some very nice new recipes, few animals and plants, but content isn't so important if game itself doesn't work... I understand that you are listen to multiplayer community mostly, it's ok, but it would be good for all of us if you could fix most important issues first?

I hope that at least you will say that you are working at water, birds, fish and bigger worlds... and that you haven't abandoned modding and "model making for all" ideas?

I'm sorry, but I'm just sad. It's very frustrating when I see that in fact people gave up and only people from multiplayer community still patiently playing bricks and wish for water.

I'd love to write for once something great about Ylands, but you seem to be not interested in returning content or fix engine flaws.

All The Best,
ComR

• Like 2

We are in fact working on water, sharks and bigger worlds. As I have written in a few Dev Diaries and also comments, we are planning to have a big 'Water update' in 2020, where we get a new physics system for water and also return life to the seas. 

We are also working on a way to expand the Exploration map, probably by loading another map, when you cross the border of the original map, but that is still in development, though coming hopefully in 2020. 

So don't worry, we are doing a lot to make the game for fun than ever (especially Exploration ?).

P.S. Also thanks for making us aware about the NPC's. They are acting up and we're looking at a possible fix for them.

Veteran mode for explorer is AWESOME. Plenty of rough edges, but it feels like it's coming together nicely. If I had a wish list, veteran mode would also include:

Toggle for no animals, clay, cloth or food on starting yland (spawn naked on a raft preferred).

Toggle for "no map mode", forcing you to pay attention to your surroundings and search (a little) for other ylands. This alters play style a lot, you don't want to be lost at sunset.

Toggle for "no planting mode", making foraging vital and encouraging the exploration of every bit of the yland while saving up healing materials.

Smaller deposits of ores only show up in the bottom strata of the cave, guarded by alpha(s). Make crab armor and stone armor a useful part of the progression (delay iron).

I play with a few more restrictions and find that they add difficulty and excitement, but are playable. I sleep in a bed only if I find one, making death matter more.  I never build any structures to kill animals from, but I will use the terrain if I must. All of these changes together will make you pay attention and fear death, which makes things much more exciting. If I had to choose just one, it would be "No planting", as it has a huge effect on how you play and explore. You can't just kill everything and waste all your heals before you reach the polar wasteland.

I would also like to see an endgame, so you know that you won. Otherwise it is just a let down as you say "Well, I guess that's it?" We need a fancy crown or some reward.

Keep up the good work! I can't wait for the next update!

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the kind words @XXon ? You really want a hardcore experience ? We will be mabey adding another difficulty level down the line, so these suggestions will definitely come in handy. We are also working on an end game, so there is something to strive for and something, that will give you the 'you won' message ?