Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

a new mode for the Editor

I know I've brought this up before, but I think it bears repeating.

We need a mode in the Editor where we can mimic anything a player can do, and have results that are persistent in the Editor.  I mean things like digging, planting, building,or even running scripts to place and manipulate entities.  I was reminded of it yesterday, as I was creatively using dynamite to dig tunnels and caverns and remarked to myself that I'd love to be able to do that for a map in the editor.  I could make some really amazing cave systems that way.

Character mode was intended to allow us to easily see builds from a player's perspective.  Let's be honest, though: That has very limited usefulness, because at the same time we'd also want to try interacting with parts of our build, and the full testing mode is so much better for that purpose.  It just takes a few extra seconds to compile and load.

I would essentially like to see a mode where any changes, including script output (with the exception of memory variables) would be persistent when we returned to the normal Editor mode.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey, that's a great idea and you put it in a really good context, I'll make sure it gets to the designers. It's like having Sandbox and the Editor at once to build faster.?

• Upvote 1