TomasGestinger

Workshop Review

Hello, Ylanders!

As we talked about in Dev Diary #114, the Workshop is being worked on intensively right now and as a first step, we introduced new rules for content submission. These rules go as follows:

• No offensive content, language or imagery - Do not post any information in the game or in connection with the game that contains nudity, excessive violence, abuse, harassment, or offensive subject matter or that contains a link to such content.

• All submissions have to include a relevant thumbnail and a description - Provide basic and accurate information about your creation and add a relevant thumbnail, preferably a screenshot of your creation.

• Correctly tag and categorize your creations – Use tags that accurately represent your creation only, do not mislead people on purpose

• Do not use other people’s or copyrighted content - Your content must not infringe anyone's copyrights or author rights, it must not be offensive to people or illegal in any other way.

• Write in English - Descriptions, and titles have to have an English version

• Do not abuse the reporting system – Do not report creations unless they break the rules written above or have other significant technical problems

These rules are being implemented and we already finished our first review of the Workshop. Many submissions have been taken down because they violated our rules or had severe technical issues, but no creations were deleted. We only block submissions so they don't show up to the public, but they can always be put back up if the creator fixes issues their creations have. If any of your creations disappeared after the review and you want to know why or you'd like to put them back up, please reach out to me here, on Discord, or send me an email at tomas.gestinger@bistudio.com.

Moderation of the Workshop is going to keep progressing and the review process is not finished yet so if you have any feedback, please let us know.

Stay classy!

Can we include downloaded compositions others have posted?

I'm glad to see the workshop get a clean up because that will lead a lot more people to play really fun games. 

I find that new games rise to the top really early before they've had a chance to get a lot of reviews and they end up on the featured page which makes it seem like it's improved by Bohemia interactive when much of it is just small groups of houses or something insignificant. I also feel like the Creator themselves can just rate their own Creations five stars making these new creations look more appealing than they are. 

I'd love to see a system which rewards games based on the number of downloads times the number of reviews or something like that.