Sign in to follow this  
jchob

Break out mini game (aka arkanoid)

Hello.
I'm trying to make a breakout game (aka the old known arkanoid game).
After the update, my map got somewhat broken and i'm trying to fix it because I can't launch the ball from paddle anymore (maybe it's something wrong with the custom controls). I had it working before update 1.2, and I also have a video showing it.
But my question is not that.

So, I have the ball bouncing on walls because I scripted the maths to bounce. But how would I go for each brick? Should I do the same maths with a "trigger zone to detect the collision between the ball and the brick"? That means, for exemple, the player collides with objects because"ylands system" recognizes the colliders. It would be cool if we could have something like that but between other objects like the Unity 3d Bouncy physics :D 
Another thing: I think I remember an option about colliders in ylands. Am I crazy? (I am probably ehehe)
@NaruTheHumani'm tagging you because I think you can help me out :)

I know this game might not sound fun in ylands, but i'm doing it just for the fun of scripting ?

Edited by jchob

Hello ^-^

Detecting collisions between objects would be great for sure.. :D but for now, you will have to use the trigger zone for either each block, OR you could use one animated trigger zone that follows the ball, and would detect all the blocks it touches. (Just add all the blocks to label, and set it in the trigger zone :)) Then of course add some entity storage to each block that should have more than 1HP, and just subtract one each time the trigger zone hits that block.. :D:) 

• Thanks 1

hmmm, the second suggestion seems more interesting. I haven't yet thought about the bricks with more HP.

Thanks @NaruTheHuman ??