JayDubb

Can't add water to terrain or add terrain to water world?

Just started but I've looked every where...

Started a new water world, but couldn't find anywhere to add land, build terrain, create islands.

Started a new terrain world, but couldn't find anywhere to add water to my rivers, lakes

If I start off with an island world, I don't see a way to add land to island to make it bigger

Thanks for any help!

There are terraforming tools in the Editor and you can add land, but it is very time consuming. We are working on the water functions though and from update 1.3 (hopefully coming early June) you'll be able to add bodies of water too.

Thanks for the reply.

I have scoured the editor and didn't find any way to add land to a water world.

Please enlighten me kind sir!

Ok, I see how you can raise the terrain with the add tool, then start directing the added land horizontally. Thats actually pretty cool.

Still don't see any way to add land to the water world though, I tried raising from the ocean bottom, but the terrain there doesn't react, just paints.

:)

Edited by JayDubb

Do you have it selected for dynamic terrain?  And please note that painting terrain is a different tab.  There are two separate tabs for terrain.

Ok, sorry for the triple post.  I did find a way.  When you are in the editor, open up the view options, uncheck water.  Now you can add terrain.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input.

Yes, I know about the painting options. In my water world, no preset or generated terrain, the only ground is the bottom of the ocean floor. When you try to add or remove terrain from this, it only paints the floor whatever color the terrain type you have selected is.
I did try shutting the water off in view, but I still cant add or remove terrain to the ocean floor.

Lol, Ok, i was able to stamp in some terrain, then use add/remove to edit it. This will work! 

Thanks for the help though!

:)

Edited by JayDubb
  • Like 1